Riding in the back paddock...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Riding in the back paddock...

Post by Prof » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:56 pm

In January, three French tourists ended up at our place, rescued by Paul when their Pajero karked it at Old Noarlunga. We were able to provide them with a place to camp with amenities. We gave them some full time work for a week to help them get on their feet and then managed to find employment locally for them. They have been working flat out (have work visas) to save for another vehicle.

But we have managed to show them some of the sights as well as provide some 'extra curricular activities'.

Photos here were taken early February. Cyrielle has a 700cc Honda back home so I got her straight onto the 400 Steed...

Joffre has also ridden back in France, so he got onto the Steed next...

Meanwhile Paul got into the act and brought over his shovel, so we had two choppers rounding the paddock...

His shovel is always a hit and Joffre just had to pose on it. The big bars put of both Cerielle and Joffre from actually riding it...

This was all getting to be a bit of fun, so I walked back over to the workshop and rode the diamond tank CB over and Paul promptly took over and began giving Sebstian lessons...

Here practising gear changes and clutching...

While Paul was working with Sebastian, Joffre put the CB through its paces...

I had to get back to finish off a job, so left them and missed out getting any pics of Sebastian on the Steed by himself. Will get some photos soon though.

Next thing I know, they are back up to the workshop with Paul explaining how a motor works. Not a posed shot. Cut away motor was done by some of my Pt Pirie students back in '76 as part of a driver education course I ran. This motor and a heap of other cutaway parts have gone with me ever since...

Since this initial afternoon of riding, Joffre has flown back home, but Sebastian and Cyrielle have been out on a number of rides as pillions and with Cyrielle riding the CB and my shovel.

Good fun, with some more rides yet. We'll hopefully take the choppers down on the beach before Cyrielle has to leave in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned. Check out The Chopper Shed and ChoppersAustrlia.com facebook pages for some video clips from this day...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”