My current builds

CA members' and friends' choppers... Discuss and show off your chopper here. Send your photos and description to our email address

Moderator: Prof

Lenny88
Interests: Building and riding my bikes

My current builds

Post by Lenny88 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:56 am

Hi everyone, here are my 2 current builds.
First up is my 01 fxst that my old man owned, he built a 103 stroker with big cams, ported heads and a mikuni flatslide to name a few bits.
I've redone the bodywork in black with a copper and gold flake, reshaped the seat, tank lift, lowered 2 inches at the back, internal bar wiring, new pipes debaffled and making a stainless steel 650mm long sissy bar.
Next up are 4inch over forks and possibly 5 degree triples.

I've also just started a rigid 750four build it started as a spare frame that sat around the yard at dads for 20 years. I'm using a tc bro's universal weld on kit to get it just how I want it.
I'm hoping to stretch the frame 2 inch up at the front and increase rake by 5 degrees, no stretch at the back and keep her nice and low! 4inch over tubes are also the plan.
Mechanically twin carbs will be going on, simplified wiring and dyna s ignition as it's been great on my current cb750.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Re: My current builds

Post by Prof » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:11 am

The softie has quite a nice stance. You can get 3 degree raked fork bearing cups which will give you true rake. Raked triple trees reduce trail and therefor steering stability drastically especially with only 4" overs... only beneficial when going over 45 degree rake and 10" + overs.

See here for more of an explanation... http://www.choppersaustralia.com/defini ... uipment...

I have put 3 degree cups on a number of choppers and run a set on mine.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Lenny88

Post by Lenny88 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:13 pm

Cheers for the advice mate, I want to keep it rideable as I ride down to Gambier every September.

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:35 am

I like where that Kwaka is going, keep up the good work
65 Triumph Chopper (project)

Lenny88

Post by Lenny88 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:41 pm

Well the frame is all welded up, a couple of braces will be going in once the the new rear fender arrives. What have other people done for forward controls on cb750 given the girth of the motor haha.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:43 pm

Forwards, i do them normal height and usually mount off engine mounting area... have a look at The Chopper Shed forum and you will see a few I have done. Feet are out a bit wide but not as bad as the GSX Suzukis.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

TriNortchopz
Interests: Choppers, nature, learning more about choppers

Post by TriNortchopz » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:58 pm

Here is how i did forwards on my KZ 1000 in a Santee softail frame:

Return to “Your Chopper Pics”