Pancake, hotrod and chopper night...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.

Pancake, hotrod and chopper night...

Postby Prof » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:56 pm

Pancake Kitchen has a new owner; Mark. I wanted to catch up with him and ask if we could still have our Midnight Rides and park at the entrance of the establishment.

Victor has just had his self built T model hotrod truck ok'd by the Hotrod blokes and had it at his parents in law's place in the southern 'burbs and Stu had just come onto the forums. All this suggested a gathering of the CA blokes. I figured most wouldn't want to be in the cold too long so suggested we catch up with Victor go for a short run and have supper around 9pm at The Pancake Kitchen
I also had a couple of jobs to do in the city. The forecast said no rain on Tuesday and Wednesday so a quick ring around the guys who normally come on Midnight rides established Wednesday night as the time for a Pancake Supper. Looked like half a dozen could make it.

After my final job of dropping off some CA Chops'nBobbers at Mid West Traders, I still had some time up my sleeve before meeting Jett at his place, so whipped around the The Pancake Kitchen to catch Mark. He was there and turns out to be a keen Hog rider as well as his sons. He's very keen for us to continue parking at the front door.

If you haven't been to the Pancake Kitchen for a while, he is making some changes that include the addition of a large variety of non pancake dishes and vegan meals as well as beer on tap.

Back towards Jett's and I picked up some vittles to tide me over until 9pm. Sitting down by my chopper always makes me feel I am 'on the road'... a great feeling...

A bit of time spent with Jett going through the videos he is editing for CA and Terry rolled up as arranged. Time to move out...

We were rocketing down Greenhill Rd when Terry came along side and yelled that Jett had turned off along Unley Rd. I hung a quick left up a side street and Terry kept going. I spent the next ten minutes tracking around side streets looking for Terry, but he must have done a U turn back up Greenhill, because he was stopped with Jett at the beginning of Unley Road. Oh well, had a bit of fun anyway. Jett had run out of go juice.

I took off for Victor's only a mile away, picked up a Jerry can and got the fuel back to Jett along with the biker's second best friend (octos are the first!) a drink bottle to use as a funnel...

Stuart was at Victors discussing Victor's blue shovel chopper when we rolled up. The shovel started second kick after the obligatory prime kicks before switching on...

Then we all enjoyed the sound of the delightful shovel idle...

The little hotrod truck impressed everyone. Esky in the back holds the battery and assorted bits. The 'T' just has to go to Regency for its roadworthy...

Nothing much cooler than three classic choppers blasting along the city streets at night side by side with the many coloured lights reflecting on our chrome and paintwork. We took off 'like the blazes' at each green light our exhausts reverberating of the city buildings.. Tee Hee Hee Dis is fun...!!!

Victor's chopper is out of reg at the moment and he and Sophie and her sister and boyfriend followed on four wheels... poor souls.

The crew plus night manager... ordering time... and then shortly after, the usual many ums and aahs as the delicious pancake dishes and drinks are consumed. Mine was an 'IT' and it was super...

The obligatory outside photo before we leave...

Rilda insisted I edit it like this, so now you've got two pics of the happy band...

... then along comes a bunch of Japanese all getting very excited by our machines. They ask what brand they are and the girl (about the only one who could speak English) with her hand over her mouth yells out her name is Kawasaki, the same as Jett's KZ750!

He doesn't have to ask twice to get her on the bike...

... and would you believe, this well dressed guy rides a '48 Panhead back in Nippon!...

Things had gotten a bit later than planned, and rain was said to be coming soon, so we each headed off home. As usual I enjoyed my ride home passing lots of traffic... just enjoying the moment as man and machine blended in one sleek, rumbling entity blasting through the night. Hey, if you don't understand it you won't unless you do it yourself. If you don't get on your chopper often enough, to enjoy this feeling, make time and get the wind in your hair...

A good night once again, wet roads much of the way home, but the rain stayed elsewhere until I rolled the bike into the workshop and down it came.

Rayne and Henry had planned to come, but Rayne ended up committed at home and Henry 's chopped Sporty decided to be difficult and would not start. He worked on it until it finally gave in and fired up... at 10pm! Sorry you missed out fellas, next time for sure.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Re: Pancake, hotrod and chopper night...

Postby El Skitzo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:34 am

Some sweet Choppers there!
65 Triumph Chopper (project)
El Skitzo

Re: Pancake, hotrod and chopper night...

Postby Prof » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 am

And they are ridden constantly. Black KZ750 is the owner's only transport. The riders are not afraid of dirt either.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Return to On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...