interstate rego for sa from vic

Regulations in each state are based on ADR's but states differ in application and interpretation. (Previous Chopper chat articles have been shifted to this new section). Ask your questions here...
jsalt

interstate rego for sa from vic

Post by jsalt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:39 pm

looking at bike in Victoria, to get sa plates on do I have to just get tier 2 done or full inspect/ road worthy.
all the sa rego stuff bit unclear. had two different answers from moto rego. so any sa guys info please.
it has rego in vic . the inspection done by police or just govment guys
jon
I hear voices and they have some good ideas!

Pygmy

Re: interstate rego for sa from vic

Post by Pygmy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:43 pm

if it was or is rego in Victoria, you will have to take it for vehicle numbers check in sth aust, once it is checked they will give you paper work to get the rego done.
Two speeds... flat out and stop

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Got any friends in the country areas?

I get all mine done out of town. Then, you get a local copper to check numbers, pay a fee, all done. No inspection centre out there. :D
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:37 pm

Bearcx wrote:Got any friends in the country areas?

I get all mine done out of town. Then, you get a local copper to check numbers, pay a fee, all done. No inspection centre out there. :D
That's exactly how mine was registered here in WA after being shipped over from VIC, although legitimately so as the previous owner did live in a small country town. The Transport Department informed him that his local inspection centre was the tiny Holden Dealer at the end of his street, who just so happened knew nothing about bikes or the numbers on them or years of manufacture etc. So this Santee rigid frame is registered as a 1965 Harley :wink:
'65 Triumph Chopper (project)
'64 Triumph Chopper (project)

tigerbob

Post by tigerbob » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:36 pm

I did the country police station trick once for a car. I was picking fruit in the Riverland and needed an engine # check to transfer the rego on an XT Falcon ute I bought as a wreck. I even had my girlfriend take it to the local cop shop for added assurety.

I was pretty disappointed when I saw they had recorded the firing order (off the intake manifold) as the engine number... Apparently it was 'inspected' by a female officer.
'94 Dyna Convertible
'73 TR6 Tiger - chopper under construction
'71 T140v Bonneville

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:29 pm

Tiger bob that is a classic... no doubt if she was ever asked to top up engine oil she would have done it via the dip stick hole.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:21 am

Tiger bob that is a classic... no doubt if she was ever asked to top up engine oil she would have done it via the dip stick hole.
That's funny because I know of a woman that asked her neighbour for a funnel with a very small opening. To cut a long story short she was trying to pour the oil into the dipstick. I also know of a guy who topped up the engine oil until it filled up the entire engine right to the top of the rocker cover. You can imagine how many litres that would have taken. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Youngblood

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:59 am

Yeah, my mate's brother did that.! Still makes me laff out loud.

15 litres of oil, and he still couldnt see it in the rocker cover hole. :D :D :D :D
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

jsalt

Post by jsalt » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:57 am

Ha ha ha. Its these new cars, stuff always easier. on older car. less plastic. covers.
I hear voices and they have some good ideas!

Return to “Regulations for motorcycles”