Chopper kit advice

I have asked Choppaweeza provide advice based on his business experience in this forum. There are a variety of ways of avoiding Australian regulations... please don't expect him to give advice in those areas.
Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:38 pm

And I can hear them already "but its not a Harley mate".

Yeah !! thats right, got it maaate, its not a Harley!! .
These bikes work, they out do Harleys and mate, they look freakin cool.

If you want to buy a bike and not build one, consider these puppy's.
Take them for a test ride, they have a whole demo fleet at the store, all the time.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

Neo Dutch

Post by Neo Dutch » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:11 pm

This thing?

It's awful. Did the Victory people hijack HD's Dark Custom manifesto?
What's up with the handlebars and the cabling? Bit of an after thought.

Old mate doesn't want a factory bike, he wants something no one else has. On second thoughts, he should get one, no one else will buy that ugly pig.
Don't let your luggage define your travels.

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:42 pm

Yeah, thats it, beautiful isnt it? I looked around for a bigger picture but as usual Neo came to the party, clever dick.
Here's a better angle.

Neo, the handle bars are for holding on to. Thats where the throttle and the brake lever is mate.
Thought you would have known that....
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

Neo Dutch

Post by Neo Dutch » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Why is the wiring hanging out all over? It looks like some amateur hack job has fitted some stupid gimpass bars and didn't extend the wiring harness. And the front guard looks like it's on back to front.

I like some of the Victory's, but words cannot properly convey how projectile vomit inducing this "motorcycle" is. You're day late and a dollar short Mr Victory.
Don't let your luggage define your travels.

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:42 pm

That Victory is one of the ugliest factory bikes I've ever seen, and the opitomy of a factory trying to stick its nose in and cash in on a fad any which way it can, even if its bike is so far off the mark its laughable. Victory has no business trying to be "old school", with its new age American made metric bikes.

Roland Sands did a pretty good job with the one he had, but in the end you can't polish a turd...
'65 Triumph Chopper (project)
'64 Triumph Chopper (project)

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Jeez, I was hoping for some intelligent banter here.
Vitriol on a forum is a sign of affliction or weakness.
I'm not really sure what either of you two are on but I'll bet it doesn't cost very much.
750/4 Sonic chopper.

Brassy

Post by Brassy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:53 pm

El Skitzo wrote:Roland Sands did a pretty good job with the one he had, but in the end you can't polish a turd...
But you can sure as sh1t roll it in glitter, but they didnt even try that.
Hideous thing looks like it fell from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. saying that buy one they will be collectible one day as only 1 was ever sold! :lol: :lol:

Happosai

Post by Happosai » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:20 am

I don't know anything about Victory cycles so I took a look at the Aus site.

The one that appealed to me most was the Hammer S - mostly because the colour sceam hid the bulk of it and the seat/gaurd is shorter that the rest of them.

I dont like the headlight shells either.

How good a motor and gearbox are they and what quality of suspensions and brakes do they have ??

But hey they dont have to to good to be better than some of the offerings from that "registered trade mark" company.

Hap
I used to be Vague...................Now I'm not so sure

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:20 am

Looks OK for a factory bike, but I prefer this 1 with a little colour
Or some chrome

Happosai

Post by Happosai » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:23 am

Mmmm I dont mind this one - thanks Bacca

Hap
I used to be Vague...................Now I'm not so sure

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:01 pm

x2
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

Stray

Post by Stray » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:25 am

Neo Dutch wrote:It's awful. Did the Victory people hijack HD's Dark Custom manifesto?
Harley originally hijacked the Indian schematics anyhow...
every man needs a shed, to put his stuff and clear his head and work out what the hell she said.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:51 am

Dunno guys. Any bike is potential chopper material. Not too many factories can get it quite right. Just need talented blokes like yourselves to show the way!

Think I'll stick to my old shovel for now... 80 cubes is plenty of power, she's simple as, reliable and has a great soul. I can ride her all day and still be fresh, my feet can be put flat n the ground, I can get to everything for cleaning. The occasional replacement parts on this 29 year old girl are cheaper than any Jap stuff and easy to obtain. She isn't shiny but gets attention where ever she goes.

Ah I'm rambling again but after three days on the road I am still on a high!
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

ran

Post by ran » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:33 am

El Skitzo wrote:That Victory is one of the ugliest factory bikes I've ever seen, and the opitomy of a factory trying to stick its nose in and cash in on a fad any which way it can, even if its bike is so far off the mark its laughable. Victory has no business trying to be "old school", with its new age American made metric bikes.

Roland Sands did a pretty good job with the one he had, but in the end you can't polish a turd...
And do HD make a good looking factory bike? Maybe im biased....i dont really like any factory bikes.....but that Victory looks like it has the base to make something badass....just as HDs do....mind you i think everything should be rigid and suicide shift..but hey...thats just me...in the end...with the little i know...those Victory bikes go fn hard and handle pretty bloody well even in the hands of the old fellas, and my slightly younger self on my HD was peddling pretty hard to keep up thru the hills last weekend....

a side note..... i can 100% appreciate the desire to build a bike,in fact i love building and chopping.and learning.... but the kits like the one this thread is actually about..are kinda just a build a bling stock bike yourself.....the end result looks like a bike you can buy complete for less....its all off the shelf gear..so you dont get to be creative,.. i may just not "get it" but my 2 cents....get a stock HD or Victory, or XS650 etc etc...and play....grind stuff, weld...bolt crap on, take *#@** off.... :D

RickB56

Post by RickB56 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:36 pm

I like the bike above too. Except maybe with a second seat to carry the optional equipment.

Return to “Import advice...”