Mega Ride 09 CD

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Mega Ride 09 CD

Post by Prof » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Members are asking for the photo CD of the mega ride.
Can you please send through your photos ASAP so Paul can get them all onto one CD. Paul downloaded a couple of folk's pics while they were here, but pics of the return journeys would be good to add.

As soon as it is done we'll let you know and they can be ordered for the cost of the CD, postage plus a couple of dollars.

Best to send through a CD as emailing would take much too long at full size
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:50 am

And if anyone has video footage can you send a copy to me so we can sort out the mega ride DVD!

Cheers :D

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:47 am

May dop it in to ya on about 23/24-11, that ok?

BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:40 am

here is some footage of us riding along the G.O.R. in Victoria, all the footage was taken by Tiffiny on the now deceased Victory Vision, unfortunatly, Tiff turned the camera off before they "pranged" :oops:

http://www.vholdr.com/node/49626
http://www.vholdr.com/node/49648
http://www.vholdr.com/node/49724
http://www.vholdr.com/node/49729
http://www.vholdr.com/node/49730
http://www.vholdr.com/node/49731

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:46 pm

Well 8 months on since last post ( Nov 02) & still no CD, so much for putting in my pics so I could get a disk with other people's ride pic on it :(

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:30 pm

Another 6 months & still waiting?????????????????????

Is this now a no go? :(

Prof

Post by Prof » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:14 am

I have a pile of footage which I have been hoping to get sent off... just ned some extra hands and hours in the day... will get it off soon.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bacca

Re: Mega Ride 09 CD

Post by Bacca » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Another 6 months, I've given up on this as 2 years ago now! :cry:

Prof

Post by Prof » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:47 pm

All video footage was sent to XS chop. I can put all photos I have onto a CD if you want.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:07 am

Please do Prof as about 3 years now!
It something we remissness about these days, that great adventure we had back in 09.

XSChop

Post by XSChop » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Prof wrote:All video footage was sent to XS chop. I can put all photos I have onto a CD if you want.
Hi all, While the above was true back in Sept 11 it only related to one disk with some very shaky and wind noisy footage from Pt McDonald to Willunga.
Out of it all I could probably put together about 15minutes of watchable footage without sound or comentary.
Music can be added and some of the engine sounds but the comentary is what would make it interesting but it would have to be by someone who knew who everyone was.
I hesitate to do it because I only know a bit about maybe half the people on that section of ride.

Anyhow I was at Prof's last week and he gave me 7 video tapes of footage to extract from tape to disk
That is done now but only one tape was of Mega Ride and a lot of that was the same footage I already had.
Apparently there is a second mega ride tape but it's stuck in Paul's broken camera and they can't get it out without voiding warranty etc ...
All the other tapes were of SA Musters and Rides and all of similar quality Bouncy and full of wind noise.

Now please don't take my comments about quality as a put down on the photographer.
In fact it's quite a good job given the equipment and given that it's mostly taken from the back of a bike.

So where are we now.
I certainly could not put together anything like a watchable DVD of the ride with what I have.
If I had ANY footage taken by Anyone of the first part of the run that would be a different matter !
Bobba ! Ol750 ! Anyone else who took any video ??

I could also use still pics of any stage of the run but I don't have ANY at all.
I personally didn't take any pics because everyone else was and I only had my phone.

Then of course it comes down to to the massive investment in time required to edit something like this together
and if it's only for consumption by the few who went along it's really not worth the effort.

However a plan is forming ... Plot thickening ...
something along the lines of weekly video highlights on the forum
just small bits in installments could make it worth while and at the same time remain interesting

PM me if you have any video or stills. The more I have the better it can be.
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !

xsive

Post by xsive » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:11 pm

I may seem silly but a camera with a tape stuck in it could not be used ? and it must have one hell of a warranty as it was 2009 therefor as it is 2012 and the camera has not been used seems it would be right to take it apart and just salvage the only thing useful beeing the mega ride footage ?
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

Tex

Post by Tex » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:18 am

Phil,

Some of us gave the contents of our SD Cards etc of the ride to Willunga to Prof just before leaving there. Bacca, Ol750 and me for sure. Andrew was going to make up a CD of them all. (see Bacca's post above)

Idea of a "Weekly Video Highlights" sounds good.

_______
Tex
Tex
(Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional)

Prof

Post by Prof » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:28 pm

I was going to put a CD together by putting all photos into order but that has turned out to be difficult timewise so will try to just get everytihing onto CD and make it available. Sincere apologies for the delay. Keep on my back and I WILL get it done.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:32 am

Will be ready for xmas 2020 :lol:

Return to “Mega Ride 2009”