SOME MEGA-RIDE RAMBLINGS

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!

SOME MEGA-RIDE RAMBLINGS

Postby Tex » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:50 am

so ..... 5400 kms later, I am home.

What a ride! What an adventure!!! What a great time !!!

I set out on the 1974 Shovel Chopper, with Bobbazooki, but the bike let me down on the first day. I had been looking forward to doing this ride on the Rigid Chopper, but to my bitter disappointment I had to return home & start out again on the Fatboy. Not the same, not as rewarding or challenging, but comfortable !

I was give a trophy for the Longest Distance Ridden to get there. (2872.6km). I've gathered a few trophies over the past 67 years, but not one as individually crafted as this. It's now got pride of place on the cabinet in my lounge room.

The generous hospitality extended to us by Olly Ol Fart & Donna in Melbourne was magnificent. The Offee Family in Willunga also opened their home, their property, their workshop, their collection of motorcycles & their hearts (& prayers) to each & every one of us. Thank you Andrew, Rilda, Paul & Mum for the accommodation, the food, the hot shower, the washing machine & for having all of us in your home.

I was asked when I got home :- "What were the other guys on the ride like?" My reply:- "I can only say that each & every one of them could only be described as "good, solid men"". There were no "attitudes". Every one was friendly, generous of spirit & most importantly, respectful to me & to each other. Maybe that is the breed of men who ride these bikes; maybe it is the kindred spirit of Choppers Australia & a shared common interest. Whatever, it was a real pleasure to ride with & to meet so many decent men & to make so many new friendships.

And finally, to those who, for whatever reason, did not make the 2009 MegaRide, I say:-

When the next one comes around ...... DON'T MISS IT!!!

Prepare your bike.
Prepare yourself.
Prepare your finances.
Prepare your time off.

It will be an experience you will never forget.

I'LL SEE YOU THERE!!!

Tex.

---------
Tex
Tex

Postby bendnstretch » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:50 pm

That was a nice read, thanks Tex.

And I think your right, I didn't get to make it on this one but I will be doing my best to make others.

On the Triumph .... mmm maybe.

On the reliable CX...mmmm most likely, I better start chopping this one hey. :D
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!
bendnstretch

Re: SOME MEGA-RIDE RAMBLINGS

Postby Bearcx » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:21 pm

Tex wrote:

My reply:- "I can only say that each & every one of them could only be described as "good, solid men"". There were no "attitudes". Every one was friendly, generous of spirit & most importantly, respectful to me & to each other. Maybe that is the breed of men who ride these bikes; maybe it is the kindred spirit of Choppers Australia & a shared common interest. Whatever, it was a real pleasure to ride with & to meet so many decent men & to make so many new friendships.

Tex

Wow, our new club motto. Couldnt say it better. Nice to see you too, Tex.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.
Bearcx

Postby Bacca » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:38 pm

Was great to meet ya, love ya write as it sums it up well
Bacca

Postby Ol Fart » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:33 am

Well said, bigfella.
Well said.
It was our pleasure to meet you and we look forward to "hanging out" when we vist Qld.
Thank you.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au
Ol Fart

Postby chop 69 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:30 am

Well glad you got home safe big fella,had an absolute ball ride with you!!! Harley or not what a huge effort (2872 km). I think you are right in saying they are all a good bunch of blokes with good attitudes. What a journey this has been for a lot of us, everyone has come away with there own stories and take on the mega ride. I personally would like to thank all of the riders involved. Surprisingly most of us have very different riding styles, with that in mind I think people adjusted and worked in well, considering most of us have never ridden together before and I must say, I had a great time trying to put forum names with faces. ( most which I am mixed up and confused who is who, maybe it would be a good idea to be able to put a small mug shot, next to all the forum names ? )

cheers tex !!! :D
If your whole life flashed befor your eyes.....
IS YOURS WORTH WATCHING !!!
chop 69

Postby Tex » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:53 pm

Saw this in a Harley Brochure.

Reckon that it just about sums it up !?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap!! What a Ride"!!!!

_____
Tex
Tex

Images

Postby XSChop » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:27 pm

chop 69 wrote:I had a great time trying to put forum names with faces. ( most which I am mixed up and confused who is who, maybe it would be a good idea to be able to put a small mug shot, next to all the forum names ? )

Ahh good point you bring up again.
Unfortunately despite all attempts to pursuade the admin our Avatars remain turned off.
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !
XSChop

Postby bendnstretch » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:30 pm

Tex wrote:Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap!! What a Ride"!!!!
____
Tex

I love it, that's a great quote to live by.
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!
bendnstretch

Postby Prof » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:37 pm

You want members dials on the forum? Go to members Forum and the members galleries under FINANCIAL MEMBERS put there... due to members requests.

I have put up quite a few pics I have showing member on his/her bike and have asked members to send through your pics so they can be put up. Much better sized than an avatar. I've received one members photo!
Chopit'nrideit... Prof
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Return to Mega Ride 2009