Mega Ride 2010

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!

Re: bar horse

Postby pommychopper » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:55 pm

XSChop wrote:
Ol Fart wrote:Not that I'm a big fan of horses, you cant put handlebars on them

Well you may not be able to put handlebars on your horse
but you can put a horse on your handlebars.
And there's a reall cutie there too !

Hmmm, you might wanna rephrase that Phil!!! :?
pommychopper
Site Admin

2010 n.s.w ride

Postby Pygmy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:56 pm

havernt been on the net for a week , have the n.s.w boys come up with any more ideas on next years run and if so ,be good to get an idea when an where so people can organize time off ,just a suggestion, it is stinking hot here at the moment 38 c 5 days in a row. cheers pygmy
Two speeds... flat out and stop
Pygmy

Latest NSW

Postby XSChop » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:29 am

Latest discussion goes like this.
Donnie's place is on offer for sure and would be hard to beat for many reasons.
There has been some attempt to have a meeting there this weekend and talk it over and that may happen. Invitation is open anyhow but some have commitments.
Other than that everyone seems too busy before Xmas so plan would be to have a meeting after that to work out what to do.
Probably around October again though because the weather this October was an uncommon freak and it's generally the best about then.

I did throw up the proposal that each state have it's own State Get Together (call it what you like) and that each one in turn be designated the annual Mega Ride for those from the other states.
Didn't get any comment on that yet though.

If the meeting happens this weekend I'll post the results here.
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !
XSChop

Postby Prof » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:11 am

In SA the Annual Chopper Muster in january has been our states annual get together, but it has only be a day run and bike show.

The success of the Mega Ride Muster in Willunga and responses made since will mean that SA's annual get together will be a weekend affair on our property plus a short ride and bike show in Willunga.

My aim with annual musters has been twofold; 1. the one time of the year all members make an effort to be at and 2. a public showing of choppers in a place where there are lots of people. I hope that as we get more members who have the time and inclination, the show aspect of this state event will be larger and possibly include hot rods and classic cars and bikes as well.

All state members getting together once a year I think is important as well as our public showing of choppers and I've been hoping other states will be able to stage similar events to SA.

Keeping a similar format, nomenclature and approach to judging etc across the country is worthwhile for cohesiveness of CA, but I think it will all come together over time.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Don's Party breakdown

Postby XSChop » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:41 pm

Well Don's party went well.
Donal, Xsive, XSChop, Ol750-Jude and Harry were there plus newbie Danny with his awesome honda/sonic (pics to come).
Despite festivities some informal discussion occured on the issue of a 2010 event and in summary went like this.

Don and Anne's place is just perfect.
100ac and already set up to cater for groups of dog racing competitors.
Convenient access just off the New England hwy west of Maitland.
Plenty of camping areas and some under cover shed space.

In order that we can present the bikes to the public in some sort of show format we discussed various options. Putting on our own show is a lot of work and probably wouldn't attract many people so better to attend some existing event as a group display. To that end the Medowie bike show (3rd WE in Sept) and Maitland (bike only) swap meet (2nd WE in Oct) were proposed.
Both are a nice ride from the site.

It would seem the event would be basically the normal weekend only format where people arrive Friday night or Saturday morning and then start to leave pretty much as soon as they are ready on Sunday in order to get home for work on Monday.
Of course there will be long distance visitors arriving earlier and leaving later but the above is pretty much the standard forumula for all bike events these days.
It's useless trying to organise anything on a Sunday because people just get up and leave.

Based on this formula the catering issue consists of only two breakfasts and one evening meal because we will be out at the show/swap for lunch on the Saturday. Given this the consensus was to offer a fixed price catered two breakfasts and one dinner at the site. Lunch Sat at the show and all other meals (for those arriving early or leaving late) to be worked out on consensus of those involved on the day.

The only organised ride would be to the Show/Swap and back to Don's.
Other than that it's up to all those attending to make whatever arrangements they like for travelling to and from the event either in groups or individually.

Anne has issued a challenge for a Dogs v Bikes race on their bush racetrack. I have accepted assuming Li'l Johnny will be ready for the challenge ! This has to be run in the morning for the dogs health so probably a Sunday morning thing before the majority head off home.

What have I missed ?

Well probably a vote on whether to have it in September for the Medowie show or October for the Matiland swap ?

If there isn't any bad comment about not running this I'll put it up in the Regional Run section and continue the issue there as it's really inappropriate here in the 2009 Mega Ride section.
Well maybe a bit !
XSChop

Postby Bacca » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Sounds great, October sounds best as later so better weather we hope
Bacca

Postby Prof » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:09 am

SA 2010 muster is on October 23rd -24th and will be around that date each year. Reasons for change from January being that the weather will be cooler and we can have campfires now that it will be a weekender and also to tie in with a major festival in Willunga that brings 10 times as many people as we had this year. We were a week too early to link up with it this year.

We need to make the national muster at a different time, so the September idea would be preferable.

Also, at this stage would it be better to do a biennial muster rather than annually, as I know guys have family commitments re holidays as well, and Mega Ride was a major effort for many.

I think joining in with another bike show has potential. How would we go doing our own judging and trophies at Medowie?

I've transfered Phil's and this post to Events organising forum...HERE as per Phil's suggestion.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Pics as promised

Postby XSChop » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Pics as promised of Danny's Honda/Sonic.

The more you look at this thing the more you see he has done and all made himself. No shelf bought stuff.

And the other side

I'll try and get him on the forum to answer questions about it.
Well maybe a bit !
XSChop

Postby Bacca » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:09 pm

Well I look at it & me Amen & they both look the same frame, like the point on the back of the plunger too but boy the frames look the same to me :shock:

Last edited by Bacca on Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bacca

Postby pommychopper » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:20 pm

He's sure done a good job of disguising the throttle cable and wiring!!

Virtually invisible. :?
pommychopper
Site Admin

Postby Zoid » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:15 pm

pommychopper wrote:He's sure done a good job of disguising the throttle cable and wiring!!

Virtually invisible. :?

Aaah, sarcasm . . . how do I love thee? Let me count the ways . . :D
Nothing really matters . .
Zoid

Postby Bacca » Thu May 13, 2010 10:51 pm

1 little detail I forgot to take into consideration, SA 2010 muster is on October 23rd -24th & its me wifes 40th so think I had better stick with Tiani.
Are any southerners returning the favour & doing the reverse mega ride this year?
Bacca

Previous

Return to Mega Ride 2009