Mega ride 2009 Victorian Section and the Great Ocean Road

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!
Reaper

Post by Reaper » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:28 pm

hey ol fart
you got me down for a bed haven't you
:twisted:
Reaper

2010 triumph america

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:07 am

Me and the Misses are following the crowd. Its had to ring from the states. We would like a spot to fall on to though.
See you in a few weeks!
Ride it like you can fix it.

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Keith, you and the missus are our guests of honour.
consider yourselves booked in
looking forward to meeting up with you both
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:05 pm

Ol Fart wrote:Keith, you and the missus are our guests of honour.
consider yourselves booked in
looking forward to meeting up with you both
Thank You!!
See you in a couple weeks!!!!!!!
WhooooooHooooooo!!!!!!!
Ride it like you can fix it.

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:36 pm

I will need to know a approximate time ya gunna be at Port Cambell to meet ya there, I am hopein we can sort something for the kids (be looked after) so the Missus can come too as she wants to come, only time will tell.

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:22 am

As previously mentioned, I have put up 2 options for the start of the GOR. Either go around the bay and take the ferry from Sorrento to Queenscliff or head down the highway to Geelong and into Torquay and on.
One of the issues will be peak hour traffic. If we leave early and go to Sorrento, it'll be peak hour traffic through to the ferry. We could leave later in the morning but that might make it a longer day to get to Warnambool. I reckon we will stop a fair bit along the GOR just to take in the sights.
I just wanted to throw this into the mix. Dont forget that there will be a BBQ at my place on Tuesday the 13th, the night before we leave, this will involve beers, wine and food, in large quantities.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

chop 69

Post by chop 69 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:36 am

Justs for my 2 bobs worth, the ride to the ferry ( Sorrento to queenscliff ) and from the ferry is a much better ride, than heading straight to geelong and around. The ferry system even during peak hour is prety good. Its mid week, should be a breeze on and off. For thoses who dont know the area, you get off the ferry at queenscliff, head from there to pt lonsdale, ( my home town) then to ocean grove, barwon heads, then to torquay. The other way is all highway riding, nothing great to look at. Anyway thats my to dollars worth.

(will see you guys on the Tuesday the 13th ) can not wait, wooohooo

cheers
If your whole life flashed befor your eyes.....
IS YOURS WORTH WATCHING !!!

XSChop

Traffic

Post by XSChop » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:25 pm

Well as you probably know by now I'm not much on traffic due to not being able to select neutral most of the time.
Other than that the ferry sounds more interesting but not for me if there's traffic lights.
Haaate those lights !!!
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:20 am

It looks like numbers are fairly well locked in for Tuesday night at my place.
I am catering for 25 -30 people.
There will be just enough room outside for tents and swags, with spare mattresses and couches inside.

The next morning, I reckon we should go straight down the road to Geelong. It will give us more time to dawdle along the GOR, stop for coffee, eat, drink and enjoy the scenery.
If you really wanted to go the longer ferry route, maybe you could spend Tuesday night in Sorrento and meet the ride at Anglesea, Aireys Inlet or Lorne.

See you all in Nagambie at about 2.00 PM next Tuesday
750/4 Sonic chopper.

chop 69

Post by chop 69 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:01 pm

BAD NEWS !!! :( my chopper is no going to be ready in time. left my run to late and nothing is going to plan. Why do I leave things to the last minute. Was coming together well, but mechanic let me down. Well
thats the bad news. For the good news !! I have hired a harley just to make the ride on a bike. To my wifes disgust, after spending a fortune on my chopper. I am emptying whats left in my wallet on a HD softail for 6 days, at least I wont end up with a sore rear end, just an empty piggy bank. I guess I have just pimped my ride. :D
If your whole life flashed befor your eyes.....
IS YOURS WORTH WATCHING !!!

ol_750

Post by ol_750 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:27 pm

To free up some yard space,Judy and I are more than happy to use a mattress or couch inside.Looking forward to the Mega Ride and meeting you all,Andrew B and Judy
Ol Fart wrote:It looks like numbers are fairly well locked in for Tuesday night at my place.
I am catering for 25 -30 people.
There will be just enough room outside for tents and swags, with spare mattresses and couches inside.

The next morning, I reckon we should go straight down the road to Geelong. It will give us more time to dawdle along the GOR, stop for coffee, eat, drink and enjoy the scenery.
If you really wanted to go the longer ferry route, maybe you could spend Tuesday night in Sorrento and meet the ride at Anglesea, Aireys Inlet or Lorne.

See you all in Nagambie at about 2.00 PM next Tuesday
Ride Hard Live Free
Twisties seperate the men from the boys
FarRider 413 "IT'S JUST A ROAD"
2 x XJ750RL , 4 x XJ900 , XS650 , XV1000 TR1,VN1500 Classic.

XSChop

real bad

Post by XSChop » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:29 pm

chop 69 wrote:BAD NEWS !!! :( my chopper is no going to be ready in time.
Well that's reall badd it is.
That'll be a great bike when it's done.
If you can get it registered of course.
Anyhow at least you're coming eh !

4 sleeps to go !
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:20 am

To free up some yard space,Judy and I are more than happy to use a mattress or couch inside.Looking forward to the Mega Ride and meeting you all,Andrew B and Judy
Andrew,
Thats fine by me. It's going to be a bit of a free for all and it will sort itself out on the day.
It's gunna be a hoot
750/4 Sonic chopper.

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:48 am

Its looking more and more like the weather is going to be a bit on the wet side.
But remember, the weather in Melbourne changes rapidly from one hour to the next.
Be sure to pack your wet gear and make sure you've got good tread on your tyres. Bring sunblock as well.
750/4 Sonic chopper.

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:26 pm

Looks like I will be using the open face with the flip down visor :?
Prefer me open & riddin glasses!
Will make up my mind next week, ya are meetin me at Port Campbell arn't ya?

Return to “Mega Ride 2009”