Mega Ride Charity?

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!
Neo Dutch

Mega Ride Charity?

Post by Neo Dutch » Thu May 21, 2009 10:50 am

Some questions were asked previously about colecting for a charity while on the road. I think this organisation might be a worthwhile recipient.

www.streetswags.org

It's a Brisbane based charity that makes compact swags for homeless folk so at the very least they can get a warm, dry nights sleep.

Maybe riders could buy one each as a starter. I reckon this swag would be perfect for riders travelling light.
Don't let your luggage define your travels.

bendnstretch

Post by bendnstretch » Thu May 21, 2009 11:36 am

Good idea, what do they cost.
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!

Spokes

Re: Mega Ride Charity?

Post by Spokes » Thu May 21, 2009 12:43 pm

Neo Dutch wrote:Some questions were asked previously about colecting for a charity while on the road. I think this organisation might be a worthwhile recipient.

www.streetswags.org

It's a Brisbane based charity that makes compact swags for homeless folk so at the very least they can get a warm, dry nights sleep.

Maybe riders could buy one each as a starter. I reckon this swag would be perfect for riders travelling light.
Are you going on the ride Neo?
Harleys SUCK - Real men ride Yamaha's - FAST

Neo Dutch

Post by Neo Dutch » Thu May 21, 2009 2:45 pm

Dunno, I'm going to Taswegia 3 weeks beforehand.
Don't let your luggage define your travels.

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Thu May 21, 2009 4:44 pm

Hows this for a draft please provide info letter?

G,day..We are looking for a reputable charity to donate to during future events and a fellow Choppers Aust member bought your company to our attention and i would like to ask for some more information about both the organisation and the street swag product.
Regarding the product, id like to know if it is availble commercially as an upcoming event we have will involve a large group of us roughing it, we see this as being a relevant product and one we may wish to contribute too. Perhaps we could purchase some of these and road test them, or even provide some national exposure for this product by donating them at our final destination...or samples to identified communities with homelessness issues on route. Thanks for your time and we look forward to future contact in the above matter.

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Thu May 21, 2009 5:04 pm

Cromag wrote:Hows this for a draft please provide info letter?

G,day..We are looking for a reputable charity to donate to during future events and a fellow Choppers Aust member bought your company to our attention and i would like to ask for some more information about both the organisation and the street swag product.
Regarding the product, id like to know if it is availble commercially as an upcoming event we have will involve a large group of us roughing it, we see this as being a relevant product and one we may wish to contribute too. Perhaps we could purchase some of these and road test them, or even provide some national exposure for this product by donating them at our final destination...or samples to identified communities with homelessness issues on route. Thanks for your time and we look forward to future contact in the above matter.
Could we also use it for Beer?
Obviously change a couple of bits of the letter but you see what i mean???

:D

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Fri May 22, 2009 8:09 am

I soitanlly do !.... after all i was just planning on going for a ride.

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Fri May 22, 2009 11:25 am

Good idea, and nice letter. Thoughts anyone?

Just bought a swag, D'oh. :!:
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

74chopper

Post by 74chopper » Sat May 23, 2009 8:14 am

Great idea 8)
Cheers Rob
750/4 choppers Rock

Return to “Mega Ride 2009”