Mega Ride 2009 South Australia sect.

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!

Mega Ride 2009 South Australia sect.

Postby Hatchet » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:29 am

In speaking with Jeff & Andrew a consensus was reached that the below route/meeting place & accomodation location was decided upon.

Meeting place for QLD/NSW/Vic riders will be at the foreshore lawn area at Port Mac Donnell just over the SA/Vic border on Thursday 15.10.09.

We will be staying at the Woolwash Caravan Park, Ph. 08 8738 2095, there is a variety of accom styles but they have a bunkhouse that holds 28 people for $27.50 per person per night which includes all bedding.

Interstate riders need to ASAP contact the park and book their accommodation, mention you are with Choppers Australia and they will keep us together.

The route to Willunga will be via Millicent/Kingston/Meningie/Wellington, cross the ferry to Willunga.
Riders are asked to re-fuel thursday night so we can get an early start friday morning.

If anyone has any queries please feel free to contact me on 0401 776 175.

Thanks
Hatchet
Hatchet

Sounds good

Postby XSChop » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:35 pm

Sounds good Hatchet,
Thanks for all the work.
So we would be arriving at Port Mac Donnell in the PM ?
Any plans re meals that night or do we all make our own arrangements ?

Oh and were do we get our passports checked ? :~)
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !
XSChop

Postby Hatchet » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:37 am

We would hope that everyone would arrive early enough that we met in daylight at the foreshore, get accommodated then either eat at the C/V park, get takeaway or there is the pub for meals.

The SA guy's will leave Adelaide early thursday morning and should get there by lunchtime or early afternoon.

Re: Passports, in SA we get the undersirables checked by quarantine, they normally end up in a fruitfly bin so I expect to see the soles of a lot of steelcaps hanging out of the bin! haha.
:lol:
Hatchet

Postby Bacca » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:54 am

I take it you will be doing the Ocean road to there so I would like to know when you will be at Port Campbell and the over night stop in Vic before doing the leg to SA?
Is the Vic section worked out? Been busy lately & lost track of it.
Bacca

Vic

Postby XSChop » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:28 am

Hi Bacca and all,
I have just asked Ol Fart for details on Vic and am planning to put up a full route map with details of each stop as soon as all info is in.
So hang on a few days and all will be revealed for comment.
Well maybe a bit !
XSChop

Postby Prof » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:09 pm

I know I've said this before, but in light of the big anti bikie thing on the part of our beloved state governments I'll bring it up again.

By October, NSW and Vic are likely to be pushing in legislation and their boys in blue will definitley have the hots for biker harrassment... and may quite likely be watching the main highways like hawks for victims.

Can I suggest you come to via secondary roads to increase the likely hood of actually arriving in fair SA. Take the major routes home...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Set

Postby XSChop » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:01 pm

Well the route is pretty well set now since the meeting at Bobbas and now Hatchet's SA details.
I hope you aren't suggesting we change it again ?

However the Mr Plod issue is one I discussed with Hatchet at length last night. Many aspects were gone over but the upshot was that we felt now in the circumstances we will Have to notify them of our run and they way in which that is done will be critically important.
My thoughts are that we should make one prepared and detailed formal approach to their Public Relations branch pointing out that we are a good example of Valid motorcycle recreational usage and pose no threat etc
It would help if we were doing it for some charity but as we are not we will have to count on the publicity that our activities may arouse and how bad it would look if Mr Plod were seen to be interfering with us and how good it would be for them if they were seen to not do so and therefore demonstrate their capability to discern between good and bad bike riders.
Well maybe a bit !
XSChop

Postby Chainblock Dave » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:54 pm

Yep, do it by the book guys and hopefully we'll maintain an upper hand in the long run. The PR angle is good, and I think the charity bit is not an issue, as many of the targeted groups have high profile charity runs and these really do nothing than raise a perverse interest in the non riding community.

Also, should there be unneccessary over enthusiasm by some members of the police force, as you pointed out, the result will be potentially negative for the police and pollies if the media raise the issue. (I suppose the issue is would the media be interested in overenthusiasm? - possibly not.)

Encouraging and supporting our members to be compliant in all aspects of targeted areas (eg noise pollution) may be adviseable, and perhaps the group sizes and spacing on the road may be worth considering in order to minimise negative attention.

I know this is all old stuff, and cuts across the ethos, but in todays atmosphere, it may be best to 'play the game' until we are 'discounted' by the authorities.

In fact, policy of notification for all CA road events may be the best option in the short term till we are seen as irrelivant by the authorites.

These are just ideas, not recommendations or suggestions
Dave
Chainblock Dave

Return to Mega Ride 2009