Mega Ride Route Qld

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!

Postby sks » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:49 pm

pommychopper wrote:We need to know, do the ladies that require linen want starched white or floral?
Do you want pink or fuschia coloured slippers?
Flowers or a fruit bowl?
Shower gel or soap?
Face cloths or sponges?
Talc....perfumed or un-perfumed?

And finally scrunch or fold?

Answers as soon as possible.

Ta
:D

i reckon it'll be a bar of soap, that way they can play drop the soap while in the shower. :lol:
sks

Postby bendnstretch » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:04 pm

pommychopper wrote:We need to know, do the ladies that require linen want starched white or floral?
Do you want pink or fuschia coloured slippers?
Flowers or a fruit bowl?
Shower gel or soap?
Face cloths or sponges?
Talc....perfumed or un-perfumed?

And finally scrunch or fold?

Answers as soon as possible.

Ta
:D

Linen- non starch but flannelette

Slippers - only for you old men, I'll stick to the double plugger thongs mate.

Flowers or fruit bowl- if i eat all that for dinner then I can give it back to you in a bowl if you wish.

Shower gel or soap - as long it's not soap on a rope, and I am surprised that a pommy knows about this stuff.

Face cloths or sponges - it all depends who's holding them, but if you want me to wash you then i can just use the hose it's quicker and I can do it from a distance.

Talc....perfumed or un-perfumed? - again only for the old men and those who have rot.

And finally scrunch or fold? - both methods use to much paper, I only use one piece, fold in half then fold in half again, tear the cnr, open back up, stick finger in the middle, then use the cnr to scrape out your finger nail.

Sorry mate you probably already know this one, as every tight pommy does.

Cheers :lol: :lol:

PS all jokes folks, not intended to hurt feelings.
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!
bendnstretch

Postby baz!! » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:46 pm

Why not just take a Winnebago?

I’m not really sure what else to say which is an anomaly, as I usually have SOMETHING to say and usually SAY IT – but I’m at a loss.

I’d go mental and probably be told to go forth and go home.
It’s a ride, Not a stroll in the botanical gardens.

PS: Gov, I appreciate your concern and as below...

Fuchsia – it’s closer to a soft pastel.
Fruit – it stimulates my bowels.
Gel – it’s PH is balanced correctly.
Sponges – they exfoliate my complexion.
Un-perfumed – it doesn’t clash with my ‘Joop’.
Fold – it’s less likely to aggravate the area.

Thank you in advance.

baz.

PS:
Yes I joined ages ago but forgot my password.
Yes I ride.
Yes it's a Harley.
Yes it has suspension.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit
baz!!

Postby Bacca » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:03 pm

Will you lot make it down south or will ya be too busy in the amenity's block? :lol:
Bacca

Postby midnight7503 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:24 pm

I'm wondering whats wrong with just sleeping in your sleeping bag???????
or why are you taking them with you?????????
“There is no heaven, there is no hell, except here on Earth.”
midnight7503

Postby Bacca » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:45 pm

I'm only bringin sleepin bag with mat, tent & a hand full of clothes & if I get real excited I may even throw in deodorant, this is a biker run ain't it? Betta bring jumper leads in case intermittent flat battery strikes. New battery but acationaly goes flat for no apparent reason, cleaning earth wire before this weekend to see if that fixes it. A winabago turned up at emu rally, others were gettin sick of the generator being fired up to charge up battery's for fridge & freezer etc, if I need to take the kids I trailer the bike like interstate then ride when I get there but a winabago without bike on a bike run???????????
Bacca

Postby J-J » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:15 am

OK- OK I appreciate all your confession(s) about raw-ness of riding on two wheels and dis-like of floural arrangements and interests for large motorised caravans. I get all this BUT for the understanding of the forum let me clear a few things up: -

Several of us are only riding to Mooree on Saturday and back to Brisbane the next day...SO hey why not ride free of gear as its only one night and YES things would be different if it was 2 nights or more.... I would have to book more motels in advance (Only Joking).

As indigenous man trust me when I say I have spent enough time sleepeing on the ground.

:lol: :roll: :lol:
J-J

Postby Spokes » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:16 am

BobbaZooki wrote:
Spokes wrote:Goondiwindi is our most direct route.

Warwick to Tenerfield NSW 1hr:27m .. 72.81 mls

Warwick to Goondiwindi QLD 2hr:23m .. 137.61 mls :roll:

That's all well and good Bobba but - we are going to Moree.

Warwick to Moree via Tenterfield - 418Km's - 4 Hours 57minutes (5Hrs)
Warwick to Moree via Goondiwindi - 327Kms - 3 Hours 34 minutes
Being that the weekend only bikers are worried about what time they arrive it'd be best to take the most direct route------- however, the road does look a lot more fun your way.
Harleys SUCK - Real men ride Yamaha's - FAST
Spokes

Postby pullmyfinga » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:25 pm

Regarding the gathering point at Aratula,where in Aratula ? From memory, there are 2 servos on the right as you head towards Warwick and a parking lane on the left at the public toilet block. Personally, hanging about public toilet blocks has never been on my agenda. If others want to avoid the associated stigma which servo would suit ? First one or the second,or has another spot been picked?
There has been discussion of the departure time from Aratula, so just to confirm,what time ?
We 2 and a few others plan to see you off from Aratula.
pullmyfinga

Postby pommychopper » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:51 pm

pullmyfinga wrote:Regarding the gathering point at Aratula,where in Aratula ? From memory, there are 2 servos on the right as you head towards Warwick and a parking lane on the left at the public toilet block. Personally, hanging about public toilet blocks has never been on my agenda. If others want to avoid the associated stigma which servo would suit ? First one or the second,or has another spot been picked?
There has been discussion of the departure time from Aratula, so just to confirm,what time ?
We 2 and a few others plan to see you off from Aratula.

I know Benny Boy spends much time hanging around toilet blocks so i guess he's happy with that.
I however would like to meet at a servo, just my 2c.

Cheers :D
pommychopper
Site Admin

Postby Tex » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:21 pm

The BP Servo at Aratula has parking space & a good cafe. I think it's the first one.

Spokes suggestion of 9AM Departure doesn't seem to have attracted any adverse comment.

I'll be at the BP at 8-30AM.

______
Tex
Tex

Postby BobbaZooki » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:33 am

After much procrastinating , I've deceided to take up Tex's offer and head over to his place on the 9th and leave with him and JJ to head over to Aratula the following morning and then hook up with the QLD mob, as 'er indoors would feel more "comfortable" knowing i was riding with a group rather than just me on my own over to Moree for 6hr's :roll:
BobbaZooki

Postby 74chopper » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:19 pm

will see you guys at aratula between 8;30 and 9am this sat
Cheers Rob
750/4 choppers Rock
74chopper

Postby Ol Fart » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:39 am

I have a mate who is probably going to come down with you lot.
He lives in Beenleigh and I have told him about the Aratula meeting place.
I will confirm his attendance on this forum.
He will take care of his own accomodation enroute.
He's a Harley rider so be gentle with him.
OlFart
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au
Ol Fart

Postby BobbaZooki » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:02 pm

just a heads up ....... when you QLD mob cross over into NSW you will loose an hour, due to daylight saving , it shouldn't effect our arrival time (much) to downtown Moree .
BobbaZooki

PreviousNext

Return to Mega Ride 2009