Mega Ride Route Qld

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!
XSChop

Burren Junction

Post by XSChop » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Thanks Sumo,
Sumo wrote:Phil,

Burren junction just out of Narrabri would be great bore bath/ camping ground.... better then moree and can have camp fires etc.

http://www.walgett.nsw.gov.au/roads/1290/2283.html
I looked it up but it's another 200km road distance past Moree and the leg to Moree is already one of the longest at 483km and I can't see anyone agreeing to change the route decided on to go 683km the first day.
Also there's another 100km the next morning to get back onto the Newell to continue the trip.

The Mehi has hot and cold spa pools and a swiming pool although not bore heated personally I'm just as happy with that.
If the weather is good I am thinking Narrandera might be a full camp out with fires etc mainly because there isn't much else available there and we should have a proper camp out at least once.

However it is your stamping ground so please correct me if I am missing something.
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !

XSChop

Moree meal

Post by XSChop » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:48 am

For the Moree meal Ulysses have offered to supply BBQ at the park for $5 per head.
I don't want to eat BBQ every night but can't knock that back for the first night eh ?
Well maybe a bit !

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:39 pm

phil
what date will you guys be in moree, i will meet up with you all there as i will stay at pine ridge the night before , cabin would be a good idea
Reaper

2010 triumph america

XSChop

dates

Post by XSChop » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi Reaper,
The ride leaves Brisbane on 10th October so it would be the night of 10th that we would be staying in Moree and 11th in Dubbo.
Have a look at the first posting in this topic (there are 3 pages now so go to the bottom of this page where it says "Goto page 1, 2, 3" and select 1.
That first posting pretty well says it all.
Well maybe a bit !

Biggaz

Post by Biggaz » Sun May 10, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi guys I will be heading from coffs harbour via uralla were i hope to hook up with xschop and maybe some other fellas and then on to moree to catch up with you lot ,looking forward to a great road trip Cheers biggaz
Choppers Are Real Rides

Tex

Post by Tex » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:59 pm

I do not believe that a decision has yet been made on the Route to be taken from Brisbane to Goondiwindi/Moree.

Their are 2 options.

1. via Cunningham's Gap/Warwick/Inglewood, G'windi/Moree

2. via Toowoomba/Pittsworth/Milmerran/G'windi/Moree

The distances are almost the same. I have ridden the Warwick/Inglewood road. Good. I have no experience on the other Route, beyond Toowoomba.

My choice would be via Warwick, as that also means that I can hook up with the group at Aratula, after starting from Canungra.

Some other expert may know how to set up a "vote". I don't.

Any comments or decision?

______
Tex

midnight7503

Post by midnight7503 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Tex wrote:I do not believe that a decision has yet been made on the Route to be taken from Brisbane to Goondiwindi/Moree.

Their are 2 options.

1. via Cunningham's Gap/Warwick/Inglewood, G'windi/Moree

2. via Toowoomba/Pittsworth/Milmerran/G'windi/Moree

The distances are almost the same. I have ridden the Warwick/Inglewood road. Good. I have no experience on the other Route, beyond Toowoomba.

My choice would be via Warwick, as that also means that I can hook up with the group at Aratula, after starting from Canungra.

Some other expert may know how to set up a "vote". I don't.

Any comments or decision?

______
Tex
I'm not going on the ride, but I know both roads,
the trip via Toowoomba is around 50km further & the Highway to Toowoomba is pretty terrible also,
but after Toowoomba is rather good, quite boring though, its only good thing is the speed limit is 110kph not the 100kph, so the trip takes about the same time, less servo's though :lol:
I'd suggest going via Warwich just so many of you can see the great views, and also less km's & more servo's

I hope that helps make up some minds.
“There is no heaven, there is no hell, except here on Earth.”

Spokes

Post by Spokes » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:43 pm

well we are thinking of making are meet and departure point Arutula.
Does that make it easier?

ie 10am departure from arutula on the 10th of the 10th
Anyone disagree?
Harleys SUCK - Real men ride Yamaha's - FAST

Tex

Post by Tex » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:57 pm

Suits me just fine. :D

Others were gonna meet at Rob's place at Loganlea & leave (for Aratula?) from there. Is he still a starter?? Is that still a go-er for the Brisbane, North Brisbane & Sunshine Coast boys?

It's 90km from Loganlea to Aratula, (1 hr 15 mins?.) So Departure from Rob's at 8-30- to 8-45AM for Arrival/Departure Aratula approx 10-00AM?

Agree? Dis-agree? Any other??

_____
Tex

bendnstretch

Post by bendnstretch » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:12 pm

Sorry guys but I think it would be best to leave a bit earlier 7:30 - 8am at the latest as we have a bit of riding to do and the later we leave the later we arrive.

Some concerns have been made about this as:
1. Riding near dusk and coming across critters increases.
2. This time of year may produce the evening storms
3. Arrive earlier and relax before tea.
4. Arrive earlier and give your bodies some time to recover before the next day.

Just an idea.

Aratula does sound like a good idea to meet up.
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!

Tex

Post by Tex » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:43 pm

Yeah! Gotta agree. Particularly with 3 & 4. The Spa awaits!!

So ...... Is your suggestion to leave Rob's, or Aratula, at 7-30 - 8-00 AM ??

How does that sit with the Sunny Coast boys?? They have the furthest to go. Just means an early start, I guess.

The earlier the better from my view. There's a long way to go with lotsa stops in between for fuel, back & backside rest, and just looking at what's around. And as it's the first day. it'll give an idea of how we may be looking for time on the road, on subsequent days.

All in favour ........ Say so.

Other suggestions ... Say so.
_____
Tex

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:50 pm

Whatever the majority decide i'm there.

bendnstretch

Post by bendnstretch » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:06 pm

Leave Aratula by 7:30 if possible.
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!

BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:38 pm

or .... what about just head down the pacific H/way , turn off at Bangalow
then thru Lismore ,Glen Innis and onto Moree .

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:12 am

According to Multimap, it'll take us 1hr 42 mins from my place to Aratula, which'll mean we'll have to leave mine at 5-5.30am.
It also says Aratula to Moree 4 hours 11 minutes, so say it takes us five hours, we'll be there at half 12....... do we really need to get there that early??
Or is it so the blokes who are only staying for the one night can get on the sauce??

So as Spokes suggested, leave Aratula at ten, that way we'll be in Moree by four.

I won't be in Aratula at 7.30.

Return to “Mega Ride 2009”