South Australian segment...

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

South Australian segment...

Post by Prof » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Muster location...
After this year's muster a couple of us got to discussing the Mega Ride Muster and as a result Rilda and I made some enquiries. After discussing our ideas with PC, I have made some preliminary bookings.

Reason for suggested change is that on a Muster day there is not really enough time to look through the museum as well as talk to each other and have tropy presentation etc.
Aslo we thought that a full weekend with overnighter for SA guys together with the Interstaters would be much more enjoyable and workable...

Here are our suggestions for the mega Ride Muster...

Make the event a full weekend. Muster /Display/Judging/Trophies on Saturday morning followed by short ride and BBQ tea at Offes "Motel". Sunday, recovery followed by a small gymkhana and possible local ride.

Saturday 17th 9.30am, choppers roll up outside the Willunga Alma Hotel and go on display in the triangular section shown in the first couple of pics in front of the big gum tree.

In the backgound of the forth pic (white car onwards) you will see an area that will be occupied by the Willunga Farmers Market (about 75 stalls) between 7am and 12.30am. It is the biggest farmers market in Australia and attracts a few thousand people from up to 50 miles away... a lot of them from Adelaide. ie we will be getting a lot of exposure to the public. Also up the street are a couple of art galleries, a glass works, various clothing and interesting shops that will all be open.

Lunch is tentatively booked for 12.30 pm in a private room at the Alma Hotel 20 yards from the chopper display (pic 3). Four choices of main course and a decent salad bar for $9.90 tea and coffee included.

This will allow three hours for judging and for people to catch up with each other as well as go check out the market and shops (especially for the ladies)...

Our proposal is that we then can go for a short local ride (great roads, and beaches etc) and end up back at the Offe's "Motel" for an evening BBQ. SA folks and interstaters can stay overnight.
Sunday... Gymkhana and local ride.

Possibly on Monday we can do a run up to the National Motor Museum.

Here are a couple of pics of our paddock and accomodation. Right half of the shed is my old workshop and left half is where we lived for 7 years. not rat proof, but plenty of space, insulated and carpeted and will clean up nicely for the duration. We also have an 18 foot van and a spare double room at the house about 80 yards away...

comments please...
Last edited by Prof on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:00 pm

sounds good prof , the beach sounds like a must . looking forward to putting names to faces ,
Reaper

2010 triumph america

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:32 pm

Great beach to ride on, maybe portable gas BBQ on beach Sunday evening meal & watch sun drop into sea?

Prof

Post by Prof » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:29 pm

BBQ on the beach could be a goer Bacca...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Prof

Post by Prof » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:40 pm

Jeff has been doing up the mega Ride Muster trophies (12 I think) and they are something to behold. Ken has donated two decorative knives which jeff has mounted. It will be worth coming down just to see the trophies!
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Prof

Post by Prof » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:00 pm

Steve Gregory one of our SA members will be judging the choppers. He and Jeff (our ace trophy maker) will be in charge of the chopper display, judging and trophy presentations. They will be needing a couple of helpers on the day.

The choppers will be carefully lined up in a number of categories to make judging easier, so they will need a few marshalls to ensure it runs smoothly.

I've suggested to a local Rock 'n Roll band that they might like to provide suitable music on the day, which is yet to be confirmed.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:17 pm

Excellent Prof, cant wait. Will try my best to ride the CX :D or maybe trailer :cry: "the Thing". Will help out with what ever is needed, tents, bbq, etc.

Good on ya Shakey and JP.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Prof

Post by Prof » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:29 pm

Jeff has also organised two trophies for unfinished choppers ,so please SA guys bring them down on trailers. With permission I will bring across any that are in my workshop at the time.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Prof

Post by Prof » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:01 pm

Booking into Alma for Saturday lunch...

Would state mega ride coordinators please let me know during the next week numbers from your state SO i can book meal at Alma Hotel. I'm sure they'll have some leeway, but I need numbers as close as possible next week please.

I can't really afford the time to chase this up so please get it done ASAP. PM or email me.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Prof

Post by Prof » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:24 pm

We now have 16 SA riders coming down to Pt McDonnell. southerners will be meeting northerners at Wellington turn of south of Tailem bend about 10am on th Thursday.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

ShovelShane

Post by ShovelShane » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:41 am

Have just looked through a couple of threads and was wondering if there is anything definate planned for monday the 19th whilst in SA??

I was hoping to catch up on Saturday but plans have changed and I will now be in the south east at beachport from friday until late sunday, Hoping to catch up with people on the Monday and saw a mention of a possible trip to the national motor museum.
See no Evo, Hear no Evo, Ride no Evo

Prof

Post by Prof » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:11 am

We'll play it by ear and weather. National Motor Museum if the guys want to or local rides etc. Strathalbyn swap meet is on sunday and a few might want to have a look. Strathalbyn is a nice 45 minute ride through some sweeping curves and great country. Plenty of other enjoyable local rides if the folks are up to it.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “Mega Ride 2009”