"Shooting" the Mega Ride

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!
XSChop

Great

Post by XSChop » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:30 pm

Yeah great idea Bobba
I had thought of buying one anyhow but one to share around would be great.

However the presence of some big noticable shoulder mounted camera thingy could be very helpful in keeping Mr Plod honest !!!
Even if it doesn't work !
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:31 pm

I emailed Mr. Bacon, but he's not replied, i'll phone him at some point and see if he's interested.

If not, we can get whatever footage we can and Mrs. PC said she'll edit it for us, and yes she's in that line of work....ABC TV don't you know (and ex BBC South News Director)!!

Cheers all. :D

XSChop

Helmet cams

Post by XSChop » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:31 pm

Hey, If someone was thinking of buying a helmet camera to take along.
What sort of spec (picture quality) would be required to use the images in the film ?
Well maybe a bit !

pommychopper
Site Admin

Re: Helmet cams

Post by pommychopper » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:04 pm

XSChop wrote:Hey, If someone was thinking of buying a helmet camera to take along.
What sort of spec (picture quality) would be required to use the images in the film ?
She says it don't really matter matey!! :D

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:02 am

Hey, If someone was thinking of buying a helmet camera to take along.
I reckon you can watch about 3 minutes of continuous helmet cam footage then it becomes repetitive, unless there is some momentous event in it every few moments.
A mate did hours of it last year in the states and after 10 minutes, you had seen enough.
The most important specs for a movie is image stability, where the camera automatically stops the the image shaking around all over the place and the second is good audio that doesnt have the sound of wind rushing into the microphone. IMHO.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Best looking video footage in my book is a mix of riding side by side with plenty of time to see the whole bike as well as panning front to back, footage taken from directly in front of the following choppers, plus of course, footage of guys starting their bikes and then moving off. All takes organisation. A short clip taken from axle level of your own bike's front wheel spinning and suspension working also looks very cool.

Key is the editing process... time consuming. We have dtaken many hours of footage on our CA runs in SA but can't find people with time and ability to do the editing. Two different guys have started, but we've only got a few clips done. A couple of minimally edited clips have been put on our website. Anyone out there who can not only do the editing, but have the time???? Local TV station is still waiting (almost 2 years) for 4 four minute clips about CA.

Ollie, have you caught up with Merv about the C31 guy in Melbourne yet?
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Chucky

Post by Chucky » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:06 pm

see if you can find exile cycles "road to laughlin". Scooter girl sent me a copy about 5 years ago, well shot, good tunes and brilliant to watch when you got home from the pub :D

to do good shots someone has to ride pillion backwards with both hands on the camera while everyone else speeds past :shock:

Neo Dutch

Post by Neo Dutch » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:18 pm

Get a copy of Free to Wander. It has both good and bad aspects of M'cycle movies.

Most importantly, don't do crazy stool for the sake of the camera and drunk and stoned goof balls dont make good TV.
Don't let your luggage define your travels.

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:44 pm

Neo Dutch wrote:Get a copy of Free to Wander. It has both good and bad aspects of M'cycle movies.

Most importantly, don't do crazy stool for the sake of the camera and drunk and stoned goof nose dont make good TV.
Probably best if Spokes stays at home then eh?? :D

Spokes

Post by Spokes » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:31 pm

I might have to yet.
Harleys SUCK - Real men ride Yamaha's - FAST

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Lets just hope the cops don't get the wrong idea about
shooting the mega run from this thead Image

BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:58 am

i have scored a top of the line(did the reserch on this one) HD (high difenition) helmet camera for the
Mega Ride , this cam corder is the best in this field , simple to use with a
ship load of features , the camera can be mounted onto the side of your
helmet or on the h/bars , but i have being trying it out with the camera mounted to my left arm , this gives me more options when paning the
camera as i can point it directly at the "subject" then pan around and back and forth etc , if anyone is going to bring a laptop , i can upload the
day's images straight away , as the camera can record up to 8hr's of footage . only 43days left to go , I'm as keen as mustard to get rolling

here's the link if you want to have a squiz at the helmet camera
http://www.spycity.com.au/inc/sdetail/2779[/url]

XSChop

Awesome

Post by XSChop » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:02 pm

Great move Bobba,
Left arm is good so you can still look where you are going.
I can bring laptop but battery is no good and without internet can't upload anyhow.
Would need one with good battery, car charger and wifi.
Well maybe a bit !

ol_750

Laptop

Post by ol_750 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:27 pm

Hi
I can bring my laptop & it has internet access through my mobile phone
Cheeers Andrew B :roll:
Ride Hard Live Free
Twisties seperate the men from the boys
FarRider 413 "IT'S JUST A ROAD"
2 x XJ750RL , 4 x XJ900 , XS650 , XV1000 TR1,VN1500 Classic.

BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:39 am

well i've out & about testing out the camcorder and all i can say that's it's an amazing camera , it has the most unreal resolution , what it dosen't have is audio (on biggie) , so you can check out my 1st test footage on the following link http://www.vholdr.com/my-vholdr[/url] you'll come to
"sorry can't find page" but just click on the "Home page" and type in "Bobbazooki" and it will come up . you'll notice at the start the camera dip's down towards the road , this is because i was changing gears
but since then i have made a bracke that mounts in the L/H mirror spot , that can pivot 360 ,up & down , and quick release all from a old push bike mirror . Tried mounting the camera to the helmut , but i find that i only get 1/2 a frame or where ever I'm looking dosen't mean the camera is focused on that "subject" as well , no i reckon it's much better where i fitted it , i can have 100% control on all the action as it wiss's pass me .

Return to “Mega Ride 2009”