"Shooting" the Mega Ride

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!
BobbaZooki

"Shooting" the Mega Ride

Post by BobbaZooki » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:30 pm

Local film / doco maker Michael Bacon came into work today , and i approached him about filming the Mega Ride from go to whoa , and he's VERY INTERESTED to do it , the date's suit his schedule , so fingers crossed we'll get a professional to film our Mega Ride ..... 8)
I'll have more info as it comes to hand and will post them .

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:57 pm

Good work BZ!! :D

Spokes

Post by Spokes » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:30 pm

Will be awesome if it comes off mate.
Good work!
Harleys SUCK - Real men ride Yamaha's - FAST

bendnstretch

Post by bendnstretch » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:23 am

Wicked :D
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!

Chucky

Post by Chucky » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:32 am

Thats cool! I've got a mate who used to be involved with Cruzin nag and Queensland street car, he's up for doin some photo's vid footage aswell. He more interested in runnin some cine8 grainy/arty film footage along with whoever does the flashy stuff.

A doc would be cool as hell to show the grandkids though tho! Assuming I ever propagate :D

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:21 am

Outstanding stuff.
it would be great if he could get some background shooting in months before the ride started.

however, great work!

sks

Post by sks » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:00 am

posibley even follow one of the bike builds in getting the bike on the road for the run. now that'd be interesting stuff.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:06 pm

If you have a film crew on your trip consider the implications. you will get a lot of directions, so good shots can be taken... may not be all that relaxing... day after day...

I'm hoping to catch up withthe guy at BZ's suggestion this week and see what he is thinking...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

sks

Post by sks » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:32 pm

i was talking to a mate who is in the film industry and he mentioned we should get a % of any profits made for the club. as in get a contract if they want to film us.

XSChop

Careful

Post by XSChop » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:35 am

Careful there.
As soon as you get money involved you get problems.
Imagine if all riders filmed have to join actors equity and recieve payment which can't be just a token payment because of the industry rules .....
Riders (actors) have to sign waivers saying they won't claim part of the royalties and that they all go to the club or whatever.... etc etc
It just goes on and on.
I'm not saying that is necessarily the case but just be careful.
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:11 pm

Well, we're not actors, we're essentially participants in a documentary.
I think we would agree to give of ourselves voluntarily.
The likelihood that the docco will become a hollywood blockbuster are slim, at best. Aiming high might mean a 1 minute segway on channel 31, the best offer would be not much more.
This would be human interest and a really great offering for our children, grand children and our peers.
More than likely the guy who shoots it will do so for nothing. If he benifits financially from it, good luck to him.
Stay on his good side though, and he might just turn you into Australia's version of the Marlborough Man.

This isnt as easy as holding a camera and pointing, its hard work and only the ones who know what they're doing and do it well, make any kind if impact.
After its shot, it has to get edited, sound added, edited agin, checked over, and hopefully have fuzzy panels added in the corner when we're having a beer in the XXXXX bar and XXXty show.
If someone wants to tag along and shoot the thing, offer him your best side, a cold beer, a warm female companion and something controversial that can be bleeped out, at least.

sks

Post by sks » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:44 pm

any more news on the doc'o?

BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:02 pm

At this stage I'm not having much luck with any of the responce's that i have put out , so our other option would be if i bought a camera and do the filming myself,........ or , you can get these small camera's that can fit
almost anywhere on your bike or your helmet http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Adventur ... QQ_armrsZ1[/url]

there cheaper make's out there starting at around $95.00 , http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WIRELESS-HELMET- ... 7C294%3A50[/url]
so if i can get a good deal on say two of them I'll ask another member to wear one , so we can another perpextive .
So what are your thought's on this.

bendnstretch

Post by bendnstretch » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Top idea mate
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!

sks

Post by sks » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:21 pm

you could even mount it on different bikes on different days. just for a further change.

one thing, no speeding with the camera on, it can be used as evidence.

Return to “Mega Ride 2009”