QLD Blokes

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!

QLD Blokes

Postby pommychopper » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:40 pm

We're having a ride to Bobbazooki's place on Feb 1st.
Who wants to come, and any suggestions for a place for us all to meet?

Cheers all. :D
pommychopper
Site Admin

Postby Chucky » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:50 pm

don't know whic direction he's in but we could meet at Harry's Diner on newmarket road?
Chucky

Postby bendnstretch » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:42 pm

I'm there :D

What about meeting at the Servo beside the RBH, it's on the main road and on the way past.

Or maybe meet some where on the south side as well. and pic a few more up on the way.

SGT can you recommend a good meeting place on the south side?

What time do you want to meet PC?
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!
bendnstretch

Postby midnight7503 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:26 pm

count me in for the ride
“There is no heaven, there is no hell, except here on Earth.”
midnight7503

Postby pommychopper » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:20 pm

I know the servo by the RBH.
Though i'll prob meet up with the great flying El Spokerino and he's like a satnav thing so i guess anywhere really :D
pommychopper
Site Admin

Postby BobbaZooki » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Chucky wrote:don't know whic direction he's in but we could meet at Harry's Diner on newmarket road?

Head south towards the Gold Coast on the highway , then thru the Tugun bypass , crossing the border into NSW, then thru the tweed tunnel into God's own backyard , basicly heading south towards Byron Bay... the Mullwillumbah exit will take you along the Tweed river into M/bah (30k's from the exit) ,take the second round-a-bout will take you up the Burringbar range ( elevation 1700)... beautiful road to ride
......... OR you can just stay on the highway (speed 110k's) till you get to the Yelgun exit , both routes will be posted with C.A. logo's , so you's cant get lost :wink: ..... if you miss the Yelgun exit you wont be able to turn around till you reach the southern exit at Brunswick Head's , which is about 15k's ... I know !!!!! .... Oh, and one other thing , you'll notice we Don't have take-aways , traffic lights or traffic and everthing is green and lush 8) ... so food will be country fresh , the beer's ice cold and if you want to crash the night , bring a swag .......
BobbaZooki

Postby Spokes » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:07 pm

The last time I went passed Harry's Diner it was closed down so we probably won't be meeting there.
I suggest that if we are heading down the freeway then the northerners should meet at the big servo off the gateway at Nundah and then pick the south brissy people at the yatala service centre (exit 38) on the highway to the gold coast.
Saves stuffing around riding through the city as a group. Cars and traffic lights always separate riders and then it can be a pain re-grouping. Especially if we have some foriegners with us that don't know there way around the city.
Harleys SUCK - Real men ride Yamaha's - FAST
Spokes

Postby pommychopper » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:14 pm

The chinwag is set for 1st feb, but that's a Sunday, so i'd say we go on the Saturday??
I guess so, Beer and eat Saturday night, finish chinwag Sunday, then home in time for evensong! :D
pommychopper
Site Admin

Postby bendnstretch » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:26 pm

If the Triumph is up to it, I wouldn't mind going out west then down the back way and make it a full day riding on the Saturday.

But I will have to wait and see on that one. :D
You can CHOP EM!!
bendnstretch

Postby Skip » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:06 am

Got your PM PC...sorry won't be able to make it...going to Kingaroy that w'end for a shoot.
Chucky got your PM also..not living at Dalby yet as have to sell house then we're there, hoping it happens sometime soon.
Catch 'ya Skip
Decide..go for it..stuff 'em
Skip

Postby midnight7503 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:38 am

Any ideas on time and starting points?? and Spokes, whats wrong with losing foreigners in our great city, your just spoiling the good fun, but seriously, where is the start??and time??
“There is no heaven, there is no hell, except here on Earth.”
midnight7503

Postby Spokes » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:33 am

If it is being held on Jan 31st then that is my birthday so I will be having the same amount of beers as my age (well, maybe half as many as my age). It's getting harder to do every year but I will give it a shot anyway.
But seriously, my 2 cents worth is - 10am Shell Servo at Nundah off the gateway mtorway then head straight down the highway to meet people who are on the south side at the Yatala BP exit 38 for a departure of about 10:45 - 11:00.
If we really want go for a ride through the hills we can then shoot across to the gold coast hinterlands on the way down to burringbar (I think thats where we are going isn't it?).
Spokes

Postby Chucky » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:05 am

Cool, can't wait!
Chucky

Postby Spokes » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:15 am

Just had a thought
If we want a ride off the highway then may we can head straight to nerang and then take Nerang - Murwillumbah Road and go down through Numinbah/Crystal Creek then to Murwillimbah and on to Tweed Valley Highway to Burringbar.

Or not.
Spokes

Postby bendnstretch » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:03 pm

So are you suggesting to go over the gateway then, Spokes?
You can CHOP EM!!
bendnstretch

Next

Return to Mega Ride 2009