Raw milk being banned... here's a petition

Here you can talk about anything not bike related, Beer, Cakes, Music, Bands etc
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Raw milk being banned... here's a petition

Post by Prof » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:59 am

Victoria now making up a bogus case against consuming unadulterated milk. Child who died died rom other causes not drinking 'bath milk' as claimed by Big Brother.

Friend who was diagnosed with milk allergies can drink raw milk without any problems.... says something doesn't it...

Here's a note from our suppliers with a petition to sign...

To help support the fight for raw milk availability in Victoria could you please get as many of your family as possible to complete the following petition and survey.

Helen and I have decided to go to a meeting that is being held in Melbourne this weekend to set up what we hope will be a National campaign to legalise the sale of raw milk and other raw milk products. This campaign will mainly be a consumer driven campaign. We will also be meeting with other producers to hopefully get an Australian Raw Milk Producers Association implemented.

Many of you would already be aware that the Minister for Consumer Affairs in Victoria (interesting title for someone that is denying consumers access to a product that they want to consume) has banned the sale of "bath milk" without a bittering agent (something like anti-freeze) added to it from the 1st of July. Apparently this has been done by a decree by the Minister without passing through parliament (I thought we lived in a democratic country), but the legislation hasn't been drawn up yet so the farmers have no idea what the legal requirements are.

Most of the raw milk producers in Vic also supply factories so they haven't been too badly affected but at least one has been throwing their milk out since Jan 1.

We believe that it is vitally important to help give legs to this campaign as we will likely be facing some legislation changes over here after our court case (the Government can't change a law when a case is before the courts).

Helen and I haven't been able to purchase our tickets yet so if anyone would like to help with that it would be greatly appreciated.

If you would like to be involved with future meetings of this consumer's campaign it's probably best to contact Rebecca Freer at rebecca@therawstore.net.au

The petition is found at this site https://www.change.org/p/the-australian ... onsumption

The survey is found herehttps://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FHXJ3V3

Please feel free to get as many friends, relatives or enemies that you know are concerned about citizen's right to consume what they eat to join the petition.

Thanks in anticipation,

Mark
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Prof

Re: Raw milk being banned... here's a petition

Post by Prof » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:56 am

A bit more about the Vic bath Milk...

Bath milk in Victoria

As many of you would be aware the Chief Health Officer in Victoria released a statement blaming one child's death and 4 others' illness on consuming bath milk.

Apparently the child died 4 to 6 weeks earlier, the health dept therefore don't believe that the milk was the cause or they would be negligent for not informing the public til such a long time afterwards. Apparently there has been no pathogens found in the milk, which accounts for the departments inaction.

The other illnesses were with people that drank other different brands of bath milk, therefore pretty much ruling out the milk as the source as you are not likely to just get one isolated case from a widely distributed product.

It is also worth noting that the pathogen mentioned is cryptosporidea which on my research has not been linked to raw milk anywhere before. When we were licensed to sell raw milk here in SA they didn't even test for it. The only mention I could find of raw milk and crypto was a Qld government attempt to blame a bath milk supplier for one families illness many years ago, but as with this case there was no evidence for a link.

A condition called HUS was also mentioned in the statement, it is widely associated with an allergic reaction to the antibiotics used to treat gastro.

I have also heard that the child that died was severely ill with cancer and undergoing chemotherapy which has also been reported in medical journals to be a cause of HUS.

Therefore it appears to just be a case of Vic. health preying on this families tragedy to push their own agenda to get rid of bath milk.

I was interviewed many times on Thursday & Friday and the attitude from reporters seemed to be that surely there can be a better way for families that choose to consume raw milk to be able to source it.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

steve

Post by steve » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:17 pm

I am not a fan of petitions but I signed this one. I grew up on a farm and drank raw (we called it fresh) milk. I never had a problem and believe I am healthier for it. It is like so much these days, let the person decide.

Steve

Prof

Post by Prof » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:13 pm

Further information from Mark...

Hi everyone,
>>
>> A reminder that our criminal charges will be heard in the Christies
>> Beach Magistrates Court beginning this Wednesday the 28th, they have
>> allowed 3 days for it but hopefully it doesn't take that long. It
>> would be great to get as many shareholders there as possible. We have
>> attached a photo of the cow that a Biosecurity SA employee purchased
>> a share in. We hope to be able to organise to bring this cow along to
>> the court on Wednesday to exhibit to the Magistrate.
>>
>> Feel free to use this photo as a background for a pooster or 2 that
>> you can say something like "SA GOVT - HANDS OFF MY MILK FROM MY COW"
>> or whatever else you decide on.
>>
>> The outcome of the meeting we attended in Melbourne is that the
>> "Australian Raw Milk Movement" has been set up. We've attached a copy
>> of the flyer for a rally that they are holding in Melbourne this
>> coming Saturday. Feel free to forward to anyone that would be
>> interested. Here is the link to the facebook page
>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/AusRawMilk/
>> Please feel free to join and to promote this to others