looking for a catchy name

Here you can talk about anything not bike related, Beer, Cakes, Music, Bands etc
xsive

looking for a catchy name

Post by xsive » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:06 pm

im all out of ideas for a name /slogan for part of my catering buisness ,it is im pretty sure a totaly new consept in Australia party/event catering where by we set up stainless tables seating between 6 and 8 people ,the tables have in the centre a gas fired and electric driven skewer BBQ ,quests then sit and cook there own whilst partaking in there favorite beverages and yap the bbq hold around 16 skewers and all automaticaly rotate on the spot untill cooked to the individuals liking for me its well done .any way you have an idea of the consept what i need now is a catchy phrase come slogan to give this new venture : that describes /associates the occasion with the event as a catchy name is remembered more than i think the event itself , any ideas are welcome thanks
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

neale

Re: looking for a catchy name

Post by neale » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Steve,

You didn't think this through, did ya? Asking US for "äny ideas"??? key evil laugh here ;^)

Well, "Swill n spit" could be catchy but may not engender the business gathering you're after.

In all seriousness,if it's a DYI affair ( IE you set it up and they cut the meat off when they think it's right ) you may wanna make sure you're covered insurance-wise , as drunken party goers waving carving knives could be a recipe for disaster.

NB: The tables are set up around the BBQ/spit, not the spits mounted ON the tables, right? and the gas can be regulated differently for the spits so they don't all have to cook at the same rate?

Anyway, for want of a better constructive suggestion, "BBQ the way ya want, charred or bleedin', you can have both, at the same time" may get more business than my original suggestion, not as catchy though ;^)

Neale

BTW: The word nanny is ridiculous sometimes, had to change a simple statement like that because it didn't like bluddy, you know the VERY common word
Neale
'85 XV1000 with some mods, getting there
'86 XT600Z, going under the knife ASAP

jsalt

Post by jsalt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:35 pm

juicey kabab catering, big kabab catering , rotating kabab catering
jon
I hear voices and they have some good ideas!

Pygmy

Post by Pygmy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:59 pm

try these---carve & Chew, carve your kebab , steve"sizzling bbq , you cook you eat , bbq bonanza.
Two speeds... flat out and stop

steve

Post by steve » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:23 am

Seat meat and eat or Seat meet and eat

If you business booms remember where the name came from.

Steve

xsive

Post by xsive » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:51 am

thanks guys got ya thinking :?: being like we are :twisted: im sure one will just come to light , now to save any confusion they are all seperate skewer machines on the tables ei 1 per table no cutting as it can be prepared on skewer sticks of stainless steel around 300ml long with a little gear cog on each that runs on a chain a rotates on the spot untill cooked it can have just vegitables /meat / or combination off both allowing 3-4 per person at the table to cook at one time we will be able to set up from 1 -12 tables when up and running in around 1 mths time i can not stress enough the social side of this consept as it brings all people at the table together in conversation etc . as we all know if there is a bbq happening where does everyone want to be? i would say they are all around the BBQ putting there five cents worth in bothering the cook about how they should be not turning meat .to slow turning .not cooked enough etc ,so here they can all be experts at there own expense with only them selves to blame for it not being just right :roll:

Tex

Post by Tex » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:53 pm

"Griddle in the Middle", "Steve's Charcoal Grille", The Charcoal Challenge", "Skewers on the Grille", "Skewer N Grill", "The Skewer BBQ", "Archer's Buffet & Grill", "Underneath the Archer's".

Pygmy

Post by Pygmy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:59 pm

good one tex --- griddle in the middle--- works for me, maybe we can have one at the mushter, I am happy to pay. your second loss is coming up tex ol mate.
Two speeds... flat out and stop

Tex

Post by Tex » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 am

Pygmy wrote:your second loss is coming up tex ol mate.
Cockiness is a false confidence old mate!! JT's ready to fire and the boy's are after revenge. 8 - nil coming up!

And how about "The Barbecue Experience", "The Bar B Q Guru", "Barbecue Heaven".

Tex

Post by Tex » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:36 am

OK. What about mottos, slogans ............
"Where You Are The Cook", "Stop Lookin', Start Cookin'", "
Tex
(Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional)

xsive

Post by xsive » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 pm

im soaking all these ideas up boys and lovin some please keep em coming :D

Happosai

Post by Happosai » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:04 pm

If you did it with Bratwurst you could call it "Spit & Polish"
I used to be Vague...................Now I'm not so sure

78gold