Australia/Muslims

Here you can talk about anything not bike related, Beer, Cakes, Music, Bands etc
Chainblock Dave

Post by Chainblock Dave » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Without factual verifyable referencing, the tone of this is exceedingly anti-social and offensive.

If we have beefs with policies that affect us, we are more than entitled to express concern or dissatisfaction as we have done on this site already.

But, wording which villifies individuals or groups by religion or ethnicity is uncalled for, unwarrented, and small minded.

Afterall, who's been treated as a 1%er by those in authority because we ride a motorcycle?

Express dissatisfaction with policy or authority certainly, but lets try to aim it at those who create situations which we disagree with, rather than those who are .... Guilty by association.

Had this this thread had attacked Christians, or riders belonging to 'The church of (insert motorcycle brand name here)' claiming fact as a basis, it is highly probable that this entire thread would have been locked and removed.

We should and do encouragement of people to express there concerns in a non personal manner already, and this should be maintained.

I think that in this case, complete thread removal is warrented, but if contributers wish to remake their point this should be encouraged, so long as we stick to the guidelines we have accepted before.

Also those of us who pontificate too much and can't spell, deserve blocking!! :oops:
Dave

Chainblock Dave

Post by Chainblock Dave » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:15 pm

I will add this though.

Once interacting within Australian society, our existing laws and customs should be either accepted or respected, and any issue should be argued as we do, through the courts, public discourse, or through means of peaceful protest, our forefathers died for these rights, and they apply to all Australians and persons on our soil.

Any participation in criminal activity - well, too bad, so sad, back to hell for you sunshine. Not a citizen? Well then, criminal record in Aust, goodbye, especially second generation kids with chips on their shoulders.

We have enough problems with our own juveniles thank you.

Give and take - both ways
Dave

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Wow! some strong responses.

My apologies if I have offended members as it was not my intention.

I think there is some food for thought in the original email particularly as illegal immigration is topical at the moment and the massive government expenditure invloved does affect each of us who are taxpayers.

Most of the statements to my experience seem to be reasonably accurate. I have been told by reliable aquaintances that there are increasing urban areas in our capital cities where white Australians can no longer saftely go because of they are white Australians... that should be of concern.

I do know that non white immigrants are being paid more by social security than our retirees... which includes all of us sooner or later... that should be of concern.

I do know from a friend in immigration that the majority of 'illegals' are not political refugees and are not poor.

If you know of claims being made that are false or misleading, we'd all benefit from your corrections.

In my past experience, I have found that reasonable people are able to discuss contentious topics from opposing viewpoints without recourse to name calling or getting 'hot under the collar'.

How can a person make a judgement on any issue of importance unless opposing points of view are clearly presented?

And in the members of this forum and in CA we have a wide range of experience and expertise that I for one know I can learn much from.

Perhaps a few more facts and reasoned argument, particularly if you object to this Vet's views.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:38 am

This post is fascinating. Here's my 2 cents worth.
Islam isn't a religion, it's a political idealism. The longer our once Anglo Saxon, mainly Christian, larrikan Australian society panders to the scourge of the religious wacko's that are creeping into our great Southern Land, the shorter our time as free men and women lasts. The next time a kindergarten bans Chritmas carols and a council bans Christmas decoration, we should collectively take to our weak, lame and self serving politicians with vigor before it's too late to claw back our hard won freedom from oppression, tyranny and zealotry.
This thread is likely to polarize, ostracize and vilify so be prepared for a short but colorful discussion. Andrew, ballsy move to leave it up. Keep it up.
Shovelshane, it's easy to defame Harleys.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:01 am

Chainblock Dave, If bike riding Christians where running entire countries that sponsor terrorism, would you be concerned? If you believe that Islam is a tool for simple harmless and loving peaceful reflection, then you need your head examined.
Just reflect if you will back to Nazi Germany. How did the Nazis ever gain so much power and influence? Because everyone sat back and said, nah, won't happen here, they'll just go away and we won't have to worry about it. Then all of a sudden, in a few short years, it was too late. There is a huge lesson that most are letting slip past us.
Let this insideous, hateful and dangerous state continue to pervade and insinuate this place and we're all headed to hell in a frigging hand basket.
We should be thankful that we can have this conversation here. We should be encouraging more of it, not sticking our collective heads in the sand. Pardon the pun.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU7T5fbJbq0

It don't look good in Europe, we are about the same place they were some years back

Chainblock Dave

Post by Chainblock Dave » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Ol fart! Well said, to a degree, however I have served in the ADF alongside followers of Islam, (which by the way is very much a religion alongside other monotheistic metaphysical perspectives: Christianity and Judaism, in comparison to the philosophies of budhism [spelling sorry]). I have found the majority of Muslim personnel to be honourable and consistent in the extreme, to the point where, to be honest, I would feel safer leaving my wife and kids in the care of a family of that faith rather than any other.

But it may be that I argue from personal (therefore selected) experiance, but it is first hand.

I also have first hand experience of Afghan refugees (amongst others), admittedly now a few years old, most of whom were of an ancient coptic evangellical order and not Muslim at all, who had experiences unimaginable to relate.

I just ask that we keep an open mind, certainly criticise the fundamentalists we find in all sectors and deride the pandering for blind political correctness.

By the way, I am of Jewish German heritage, and hold no emnity with the average German, or Eastern European, or Frenchman, or Italian.

In my opinions, all our points of view are valid, it's expressing them in fair terms is what we should aim for. Fair go!

PS, a pommie who'd been here for years was deported today as a law breaker, this does need to be extended to all non citizen law breakers! And practiced!
Dave

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:11 pm

I see a divide between two morally and ethically diverse viewpoints.
In the red corner we have the "tar em with the same brush brigade" who believe that a fundamentalist jidahist' is a true representative of Islam. That is patent garbage as Islam is a religion of tolerance, love and understanding. It would be the same as saying that the KKK truly represents christianity.
Now in the blue corner we have "head in the sand brigade" who fail to realise that a fundamentalist jihadist' true religion is a religion of hate and that their avowed aim is kill every last one of us (infidels).
Both corners use religion as part of the reasoning in their argument when it is not about religion but about a group of people who have declared war not on "us" but on anybody who is not "them".
We need to take steps to protect "us". And "us" includes the vast majority of Muslims.
"better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

bendnstretch

Post by bendnstretch » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:12 pm

I will have to aggree with Tex, he is right.

This is not the place to do this topic.

It doesn't matter to me about who's view is what, I respect all views and everybodys entitled to one.

I am amazed that Andrew has posted this topic, with all the past differences of views that has lead to people leaving this site and friendships.

Andrew please delete this topic now before more damage is done and this is my view only.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:36 am

OK, don't discuss it here, where would you discuss this issue then?
Did you listen to the ABC news this morning about the upcoming royal wedding?
You would have heard about the Muslim protests that are being organized.
Google Sweden and Denmark and Holland see whats happened with the Muslim hoards over there. To say it wont happen here is patently stupid.
Not wanting to discuss it is ignorant.
This should be a wake up call. This isn't being racist, its being really worried about this country for the next generations.
Unless of course you want thousands of zealots rallying in downtown Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane chanting death to the infidels and screaming Allah Akbar as they light the fuse on the suicide vest.
Keep your head buried firmly in the sand and just wait for this happen or speak about it here.
This should be discussed at every opportunity, everywhere you can.
This isn't a topic, its an epidemic. How can you respect the view of people that incite its people to destroy your way of life.
750/4 Sonic chopper.

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:25 am

Ol Fart wrote:OK, don't discuss it here, where would you discuss this issue then?
Did you listen to the ABC news this morning about the upcoming royal wedding?
You would have heard about the Muslim protests that are being organized.
Google Sweden and Denmark and Holland see whats happened with the Muslim hoards over there. To say it wont happen here is patently stupid.
Not wanting to discuss it is ignorant.
This should be a wake up call. This isn't being racist, its being really worried about this country for the next generations.
Unless of course you want thousands of zealots rallying in downtown Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane chanting death to the infidels and screaming Allah Akbar as they light the fuse on the suicide vest.
Keep your head buried firmly in the sand and just wait for this happen or speak about it here.
This should be discussed at every opportunity, everywhere you can.
This isn't a topic, its an epidemic. How can you respect the view of people that incite its people to destroy your way of life.
I agree with everything you say here Olly.
Ride it like you can fix it.

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:08 pm

I agree with Ol Fart too.
I the circles I move in I often hear about people dying horrible deaths because they didn't convert to Islam. It is their policy to act nice & lie till they have enough numbers to start pushing for sheikh law as they are in many European countries including Britain. Christians may get up some people's nose but it isn't covert or die. The girl was dressed seductively so was asking to be raped, that has already happened here! The Islam countries have a bill before the UN that would make this discussion against the law if raterfied as Australia is a member The Human Rights Council, at present it is only the Islamic World.

http://europenews.dk/en/node/13092

"The Human Rights Council at the United Nations has now banned any criticism regarding Sharia Law and human rights in the Islamic World

According to President Doru Romulus Costea - and following the efforts of delegates from Egypt, Pakistan and Iran - the Council will no longer tolerate criticism of either Sharia or specific fatwas in the name of human rights.

In many parts of the Islamic world, it is becomingly increasing clear not only that the Koran (the written record of the original oral transmissions of Mohammad’s life teachings) and the Hadith (the later delineations of those teachings) are considered sacrosanct in their perfection, but also the various implementations of these teachings, known as Sharia Law. "

bendnstretch

Post by bendnstretch » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Sorry Guys I am not ignorant on this matter, this is a site about choppers lets keep it that way.

And going with past history on this site, I do not think this is a wise topic to discuss on this forum, on another forum would be best.

This is very political topic, I work in a very political environment and it would be nice to escape, that's why I enjoy this site.

I will leave it at that and leave you all to it, enjoy and what ever. :roll:
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!

latelifecrisis

Post by latelifecrisis » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:55 am

It's in the off topic section which is the right place for it and it's your and everybody else choice to read the threat or not.
This is really about protecticng our way of life.
How many Muslim countries can we go to and not be expected to respect their laws and their way of life?
As a migrant you are supossed to accept and respect the way of life of the country you move to. You are supossed to fit in and do the best you can to live the same way. Nobody says and nobody expects you to give you your traditions, but you cannot force them onto others.
I am blond

Scouser

Post by Scouser » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:04 am

I think the above post sums it all up.
Can you imagine if we went to certain muslin countries and were walking down the street with a tinny in your hand with your missus on your arm while she was wearing a bikini top?
There's a good chance you could get arrested or stoned!
I know it's a bit basic but you get the point.
Scouser

Return to “Off Topic Forum!!!”