Yes indeedy . . I have spent most of the day 'fiddling' with things. Took the tank off to 'fiddle' with the throttle position sensor as per my local Yam dealer's recommendation, and decided that things needed tidying up under there. Did a bit of rewiring, trying to reduce the bulky factory harness, and cut off a few (now) useless brackets that held the original air box etc in place. Anyway, after many 'd'oh!' moments, I finally got to ride it this arvo, and I gotta tell ya, it goes like a rocket. XVS650's aren't known for their performance capabilities, but I swear it picks up much quicker with the new carb. Not bad considering the minimal adjustments I've made to it straight out of the box. I don't even know what needle is in it. Just goes to show that a bit of Brit low tech (PC AND an SU carb) can produce wonders! Cheers all . . and thanks to Tex as well.
Nothing really matters . .