Reluctant rebuild

Discuss and show your current or planned project here.

Moderators: Prof, Chopper Project Moderators

doobinator

Reluctant rebuild

Post by doobinator » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:54 pm

Well it seems apparent that I bought a bit of a heap :D but of course that's what happens when you over enthusiastic and uninformed.....the good news it's well and truly repairable and will probably cost more elbow grease and late nights than money so it could have been much worse.

So i have started the build and thought I would post as I go, being my first bike and bike project any well meaning and good natured advice and ribbing will be accepted :lol: So I have made something that resembles a stand\table and managed to get the bike on it. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo on the stand before I started pulling it apart so here's one of it of the stand but it is pretty much as I bought it.

This is how she looks after night one. Only put in a about and hour and half tonight as it was 9:45 pm by the time I got started and well I am missing a big enough socket to keep going, so I thought I would get my build thread going and start again tomorrow.

Was really hoping to have the forks off tonight but that is where I feel short of the mark with the missing socket. Hopefully by tomorrow night it will down to not much more than the frame and a whole lot of parts.

Bearcx

Re: Reluctant rebuild

Post by Bearcx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:11 pm

Dont get down hearted doobi, elbow grease is free, and it means you will touch and remember every part of your machine.
It's a steep learning curve, on your first chop, so please ask anything before you start. Many pro's and guru's on this site.

Measure twice - cut once.

Watching with interest. :D :D :D
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

flexyourhead

Re: Reluctant rebuild

Post by flexyourhead » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:42 am

Measure twice - cut once.

Amen!!!

Return to “Your Chopper Project... with photos...”