N S W MUSHTER 2013

A forum where regional groups can arrange their next meeting or run... When you've gotten a firm date and meeting place and time, email or private message Prof so it can be added to "Next events... page.
neale

Re: N S W MUSHTER 2013

Post by neale » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:24 pm

XSChop wrote: What is it an experiment in.
1/. To see if the people who have suggested a Facebook Event page were right and it would be of any use to anyone. - I've yet to FB be of any use to anyone in anything.
2/. To see if it might help us meet some new interesting like minded people. - The pool of like minded people in Oz is pretty fukn small, IF they had any interest they would have found the CA site like we all did.
3/. To allow a place which facilitates a list of who is and isn't going and to diseminate information other than by this forum. -
Oh and some other stuff I suppose ...
Personally I think FB is WAY too public and mined by nasties for this type of information about any of us.
And add one to supporting Nigel's comment, I'd hate to see Mushter bring any unwanted visits or attention to Donal and Anne's place, I've only been to one so far, but it was a great experience because they opened it up to us, as a family, basically, that could be ruined, for them especially, but for all of us, if random dickheads trolling FB decided to turn up and stuff things up, I'm sure we all know tools in the bike world that we wouldn't want anywhere near our homes or family?

Just my 2c, but while people are expressing their opinions on this....

Neale
Last edited by XSChop on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: XSChop's quoted text had been edited

xsive

Post by xsive » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:41 pm

you guys are all right in what your saying. the object of the mushter is to have an annual get together of as many like minded people that are on the forum that we never get to meet in person ,some fantastic friendships have been formed through both this event and several rides that those people consistantly attend im sure for the mateship and comradery that has been forged and not simply for the ride to get there .lets face it why would Pygmy 1000+ miles and Tex 500/600 miles ride just to spend a few days with a bunch of old bikers they met in 2009.? simply they have a desire and a passion to be amongst those people as often as they can.and i for one also desire the same as im sure all the other guys that normaly come along do. there is always room for others to join in and is why we try to get these people to come along especialy some of the newer guys young and old male /female/and there family so us old farts might even be able to pass on some knowledge if they want it .any amount of back biting and bitching wont make people attend even most of the closer forum members not so far from the newcastle hunter valley area dont and wont . so what im trying to say is that this is an open invitation for forum members and close friends who can handle there alcohol if they drink and mouths as this is not the place find out ya cant handle your pi55 .its all about a good get together and that is the way it will remain . if some new people come great if they dont dosnt matter
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

XSChop

Post by XSChop » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Just want to make one thing clear about the Facebook Event
the Main point that people seem to be missing about it

It does NOT give out the Destination ! :arrow:
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:17 pm

When is it?
Don't think I will be able to make it but given 1/2 a chance & I will try :D
(Remember I am carer for a disabled wife & disability/carers petition don't give ya a lot of spare funds but something may sell.....)

Tex

Post by Tex » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:25 am

I agree with xsive AND 78gold and neale. The Mushter first started in 2010 as a reunion of CA Members who had done the MegaRide together in 2009, where some close friendships were formed. Due to the great venue provided by Donal & Anne, and the good times, and good company enjoyed by all, it has become ongoing. Over the years we have welcomed other like minded CA members who I am sure have also enjoyed the experience. Most of these have come along as "singles" and have shown the necessary respect for the property and towards others. They have also come back the next year which speaks for itself.
I believe that most, if not all, contributors to CA are decent blokes who would fit in with the "atmosphere" of the event, and that attendance should be limited to CA members and friends. It's not an open invitation to a party. It's an invite to come and meet those names who you see posting on here, and enjoy some good company and a good ride or two together.
From my experience the only time that trouble comes is when "groups" of riders come looking for a party and also bring attitudes and an inability to respect the property of others (and to handle the drink). Living on the Gold Coast, I have seen the result of some Open Invitation FaceBook parties. A house near me was trashed by 200 "invited" guests. So even though the address is not shown, it only takes one bloke to know the address & then round up another 100 wankers. I vote to take the FaceBook page down and limit invitations to members of this Forum. No offence Phil.
Hope you can make it Bacca.

XSChop

Post by XSChop » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:26 am

No offence at all Tex as it wasn't MY idea at all.
I only put the facebook event up because there was a stream of people suggesting it but none of them would DO it.
Happy to take it down as that seems the consensus.
At least then those who keep suggesting it won't any more ...

Would like to raise one point though about it being for CA forum members ONLY.
Remember the discussions around NOT being CA associated ?
eg Jim, Harry, Pete, Gary etc none of whom are on the CA forum.
Well maybe a bit !

Tex

Post by Tex » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:39 am

Tex wrote: and that attendance should be limited to CA members and friends.

But all are "friends" of Forum members....... and decent blokes too!! :D

78gold

Post by 78gold » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:56 am

Hi All,

Sorry to have kicked the Hornets nest :shock: .

My original post was aimed at no one in particular and just meant as a gentle reminder of what the Mushter was about. :)

Phil I never thought the address was or would be posted on facebook, I just know how these things can get ahead of themselves through people having an honest go at doing what seems to be the "right thing".

Bacca, Hope you can make it and if helps you can stop over at mine on the way through and head up together, the dates are earlier in the post and I will probably head up on the Friday early arvo (although departure is subject to change).

Neo, Phil and others, This is not saying that a facebook page might not help attract people to CA in the first place but I think its prime aim should be to make people aware of CA and act as a funnel to the forum/website.

In the past the Address of events has only been sent by PM on the forum to attendees and I think this is still the best way to go.

Anyway look forward to catching up with everyone again, even if I still ain't drinking :twisted:

Ride Safe
Nigel
Nigel
78 Gold

lowie

Post by lowie » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Nothing wrong with tea or coffee Nigel .

ol_750

Post by ol_750 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:36 pm

78gold wrote:Hi All,

Neo, Phil and others, This is not saying that a facebook page might not help attract people to CA in the first place but I think its prime aim should be to make people aware of CA and act as a funnel to the forum/website.

In the past the Address of events has only been sent by PM on the forum to attendees and I think this is still the best way to go.

Anyway look forward to catching up with everyone again, even if I still ain't drinking :twisted:

Ride Safe
Nigel
CA already has a Facebook page. Something could be mentioned on that. 8)
Ride Hard Live Free
Twisties seperate the men from the boys
FarRider 413 "IT'S JUST A ROAD"
2 x XJ750RL , 4 x XJ900 , XS650 , XV1000 TR1,VN1500 Classic.

XSChop

Post by XSChop » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:41 pm

lowie wrote:Nothing wrong with tea or coffee Nigel .
Well yes there is !
Both full of Stimulants and often with Sugar.
Not to mention preservatives and product extenders in the processing / marketing stages
Hot drinks don't contribute to hydration as cool drinks do.
Then there is the Milk (if you have it) which has way too much of the wrong types of fats in it.

I gave up Coffee 10 years ago
then onto Tea with 2 sugars and milk
Then gave up the sugar to avoid diabetes
Then the Black Tea because of it's caffeine content
and changed to Green Tea because it's antioxidants are good for me
And milk doesn't go with green tea and it was bad for my cholesterol

So now I have green tea in a mug with hot water !

I often wonder really why I bother.
And just have a Stones instead !
Well maybe a bit !

lowie

Post by lowie » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:39 pm

I also use Stones , but only for medical reasons and I never inhale it , I sometimes spit it out though ,but only when I get really dizzy in bed .

Pygmy

Post by Pygmy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:06 pm

phill no one I know has ever gotten out of this world alive,so enjoy mate enjoy. lol.
Two speeds... flat out and stop

XSChop

Post by XSChop » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:49 am

Pygmy wrote:phill no one I know has ever gotten out of this world alive,so enjoy mate enjoy. lol.
Always enjoy the Stones !
Might give up on the Hot Water though and just Chew the Tea Bag :~
Well maybe a bit !

Mark36

Post by Mark36 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:27 pm

G'day mushterers, well the stars are aligned and I will be makin' it to the mushter and if it's ok I'll be bringin' a mate along who I reckon will also fit in. So I've got a couple of questions:
Is accomodation byo tent etc ?
Do I send money up front or do I just pay when I get there?
Xsive , If it's ok I'd like to take up the offer to pick up a few beers for me, do want me to call or send a pm? Also, as far as catering goes I'll be there Friday arvo but will have to start heading home on Sunday so won't be part of Sunday lunch or dinner.
Pygmy, I won't be able to leave Melb until Thursday morning so I may be a little behind you, I'll probably make it to around Goulburn or so. Roughly where do you reckon you'll be on the Thursday night? Cheers Mark

Return to “Regional run and meeting arranging...”