an xvs 650 that i built for craig last year

CA members' and friends' choppers... Discuss and show off your chopper here. Send your photos and description to our email address

Moderator: Prof

xsive

an xvs 650 that i built for craig last year

Post by xsive » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:22 pm

modified xs gaurd

modified original gaurd

i only paited the base colours on this bike the air brush by local artist

yep the guy had been in army special forces and this was his tribute to his mates past and present
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

eddiehob

Re: an xvs 650 that i built for craig last year

Post by eddiehob » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Nice job .did you lengthen the fork tubes?

xsive

Post by xsive » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Thanks .yes the forks 3.5 inches over as a cap/slug with a tapper machined on top effectivly 2.5 inch ,you dont see any join as stainless tube was made in place of the old head lamp brackets ,the forwards are extended around 3 in cause he is a long one .rear was lowered slightly and the original mud gaurd was cut up and shaped using 7.5 ml tube around the outside for strength. another tube under the guard for wiring. a modified xs number plate light was made for the tail lamp using an led cats eye lamp and a stainless cover under the seat area to cover the ugly stuff the front gaurd was made using an old yamy guard ,the front flashers on a stainless cover i manufactured from sheet. exhaust are open that he bought somewhere the front down tube cover is also stainless with some alloy shiny mesh behind.foot pegs i made then fitted with cut down handle bar grips i sugested he remove from the bars as i almost lost an eye from. would have made a nice neat hole in him or someone else though :roll: head light was one of old farts from independant parts. if you can see it i made a set of stainless flames to cover up the daggy pipe mounts at the rear other than a bit of wiring lots of buffing /polishing tank faring etc i painted the base colour in jet black ready for top coat clear when he decided to have the air brushing done by a local artist (lady) he took it to the thunderbolt rally and won best jap .since then he has put it black side up ,lost some skin and a few chunks from his arms but i guess thats what ya get when you decide to ride 25 klms home with no jacket a crappy skid lid and a heap of p1$$ under your belt when a bed had beeen made up for you at 2.30 am on a slippery back road .no it was not from my place i think it lasted about 6 mths and he had already earned the nick name of the Menace .Cheers
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:52 pm

As they should be, Damn Sharp!
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

Return to “Your Chopper Pics”