QLD RWC Cert. Rat/bobber?

Chat about choppers here. Any posts considered by forum administrators to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising will be promptly removed...

Moderator: Prof

rusty577
Interests: All Bikes.

At the moment Im interested in doing a bobber build and looking for a cheap project bike

anything 70s early 80s

QLD RWC Cert. Rat/bobber?

Post by rusty577 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:06 pm

Guys I thought this would be the best place to ask. If I'm in the wrong section Mods please move & sorry in advance.

Looking for peoples opinions on putting rego on a ratted out 90 model xv250.

Ive got a few bigger bikes & love just looking at the little rat bike in the man cave, but Id love to put some single seat rego and use occasionally for fun.

Ok so I think the hangers are fine but what about the rear guard and frame chopped back?

Also I realize id have to put blinkers on front and rear, but do I need a kill switch on the handle bars themself for rwc?

Also the exhaust is open with the rear cylinder exiting just above (over the top) of the front cylinder? Does this make sense?

Has working speedo down on my left side of the tank.

Neutral light etc down on my right side.

Does safety switch on kickstand need to be connected?

Rubber is new.

Anything else anyone can see before I go for a rwc would be a great help.

Bearcx

Re: QLD RWC Cert. Rat/bobber?

Post by Bearcx » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:00 am

Gday mate, not sure about the RWC in Qld, but I love it.! Very cool. I'd get it done, if ya can.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Re: QLD RWC Cert. Rat/bobber?

Post by Prof » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:01 pm

Best bet is to look up QLD regs for 1990 bike and see what is required. In my limited experience of getting bikes registered in SA, first impressions are important so it needs to look well cared for as well as complying with all regs. To circumvent this problem, some riders will buy a second, same year/model bike and occasionally swap plates to go for a bit of a squirt.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “Chopper Chat (includes how to post photos)”