The Lone SA Rider

Chat about choppers here. Any posts considered by forum administrators to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising will be promptly removed...

Moderator: Prof

h

The Lone SA Rider

Post by h » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Well the story of the lone rider, it all started when I was on the last few rides, I heard a few members saying that there was never enough rides planned and we should try and organise more. It got me thinking but with work commitments and no rego it was put on the back burner, then I decided to make the effort and put up on the regional runs a ride, not to long {tick} not too short {tick} plenty of notice, three to four weeks {tick} perfect day around 23 and full sun, but not too much sun and no wind {tick tick tick}. So the plans were in motion all I had to do was turn up at 9am, waited waited waited till 9.30am then heard the thunder of lots of bikes coming, my thoughts were sounds like them now……….the noise got closer and closer and there they were at least twenty bikes coming straight down the road then they drove right past and parked at the BP opposite the mobile, I sat and watched for another ten minutes as bike after bike turned up but not one Choppers member :[ , I decided to head over for a chat, it turned out to be some members from my old club I was in, the Cruiser club and I had a good chat with some old mates I hadn’t seen for at least seven years, so they asked me to come with them so it turned out to be a great ride riding with around 40 other bikes, when I got to Victor I noticed that my stem nut, washer and cap must have come off somewhere along the road, so I decided to potter home paranoid that my forks would come off each time I hit a pump in the road but it still didn’t stop me having a blast all the way home.

xsive

Re: The Lone SA Rider

Post by xsive » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:32 pm

good to here you had a good day H as you know we have given the nic name of the LONE RANGER to pygmy for the very same reason ...he is the only one that turns up :? and come around wednesday next week he will again ride the ridges to the NSW mushter Alone ... he never pikes out ..shame Sth Aus is falling apart as far as decent rides go Cheers
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Well that's a trick. Check the Regional runs and you'll see a Victor run was recently organised by Kevin on the same day. Three SA guys, Kevin, Steve and Peter went on the Victor ride. Riders met at the Emu at 10 am! You arrived too early for that one h! They arrived too late for you! My apologies for missing your run h when putting up the Victor Rock 'n Roll ride. Any one putting up a ride please remind me as it gets closer to the date... also a good idea to post up a reminder the week and a few days before.

As for joining in rides...

Some guys like long rides, some like short rides, some like slow, some like fast. I enjoy night riding and really groove on riding in the rain, but most don't. And you'll never see me on anything but a raked out chopper. But that's my choice.

We are not a club that puts members under obligation to join in rides... it's all about the freedom to ride what you want, when you want and how you want.

Some SA members only come to the muster, Pygmy being one of those, despite usually having a scheduled run each month, but that is their choice and no one will criticise them for that.

It was great having a dozen or more members on my birthday run, but as much as I desperately wish to see twenty choppers on every run, it's up to individuals to work out their own priorities. I for one would be on my chopper every day of the week travelling from one end of Oz to the other visiting all our members if I could... and I was on the road a lot more in past years as older members will know, and I am sure plenty of others would be too.

We each just have to be content with what people feel they can do and keep encouraging others to join in on rides.

One of the clearly stated aims of CA is for individuals to catch up with each other and drop in on each other and ride together... and a lot of this does happen. Not every one likes riding with lots of other bikes.

If you think we aren't doing the right kind of rides... well if so let us know.

If you want to do more rides with other chopper riders, members have all the other member's contact numbers... get on the blower and see what you can organise.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

jsalt

Post by jsalt » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:49 am

H, sorry i didn't get their, was trying to get the sporty. ready for a inspection on bike. Next time ya get a few hours away., give me a buzz.
jon
I hear voices and they have some good ideas!

Pygmy

Post by Pygmy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:28 pm

I bite my tongue, for fear of up setting a few of the lurkers on this site.
Two speeds... flat out and stop

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:57 pm

Wish I could ride everyday, too. Instead of going to work, spending time with my Fiancee, my kids, family, friends.............

Empathy, it's an interesting concept.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

h

Post by h » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:10 pm

Hi Prof, Kevins run was the Sunday before not the same day as you had stated, I here what people are saying about time, I am the same I work 12hr days so I get to see my kids for about 30mins a day if lucky so its hard leaving them on the weekend when all they want to do is go to the park and I also enjoy other interests and friends, and well done Pygmy on biting your tongue cant be easy :P , and no worries jon hope all goes well with the inspection

Pygmy

Post by Pygmy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:44 pm

h keep in touch as there might be a ride to Victoria around feb ? 2014 most of the nsw an some vic members are in the process of organizing it. will know more after the mushter and all those that want to ride are welcome. cheers

h

Post by h » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Sounds good and it'll give the lurkers and non riding members something to read in the mean time

ol_750

Post by ol_750 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:57 am

Pygmy wrote:h keep in touch as there might be a ride to Victoria around feb ? 2014 most of the nsw an some vic members are in the process of organizing it. will know more after the mushter and all those that want to ride are welcome. cheers
Great self control Pygmy...
I,m looking forward to the Feb ride so I can catch up with my kids & grandson in Geelong. 8) :lol: 8)
Ride Hard Live Free
Twisties seperate the men from the boys
FarRider 413 "IT'S JUST A ROAD"
2 x XJ750RL , 4 x XJ900 , XS650 , XV1000 TR1,VN1500 Classic.

Pygmy

Post by Pygmy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:25 pm

ol 750 , mate can you look through your photos from 2 year ago and see if there is a photo of me about to leave on the Monday you took the photo, would love to have a copy if you still have it, I will bring a usb stick with me to transfer it . cheers mate

ol_750

Post by ol_750 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:57 am

Pygmy wrote:ol 750 , mate can you look through your photos from 2 year ago and see if there is a photo of me about to leave on the Monday you took the photo, would love to have a copy if you still have it, I will bring a usb stick with me to transfer it . cheers mate
I'll have itbsome where I know the one your talking about.
Ride Hard Live Free
Twisties seperate the men from the boys
FarRider 413 "IT'S JUST A ROAD"
2 x XJ750RL , 4 x XJ900 , XS650 , XV1000 TR1,VN1500 Classic.

Return to “Chopper Chat (includes how to post photos)”