F-N Harley Heros!!!

Chat about choppers here. Any posts considered by forum administrators to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising will be promptly removed...

Moderator: Prof

Aussiehard

F-N Harley Heros!!!

Post by Aussiehard » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:58 pm

Went up to Peter Stevens today just to take the scooter out for a ride and to have a look at some Draggin Cargos. Ok so I am riding a Vintage YAMAHA chop with a questionable paint job depending on your tastes!

F*ck me all the hard bum wanna be's in their harley jackets with their harley shirts, harley boots, bandannas, caps, even harley handbags on the women, bet they even wore harley jox…… All looking at me like I was a alien with purple skin. Some dick even rolled up on a brand new mercedes wearin his HD branded *#@**….. An I am the one getting funny looks…….

Hell I was the only one kick startin his bike!
The other week down at Kustom Lane I fitted right in with the Harleys, Yams, Vincents, Cafes, Chops an Hot Rods the Guys from the Immortal didn't look twice at me……But obviously the bolt on weekend warrior Harley brigade are to good for me and my ride…….….

That's my vent for the day!

Neo Dutch

?!??????

Post by Neo Dutch » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Unless they made you feel inferior, who the hell cares? You certainly shouldn't.
Don't let your luggage define your travels.

Aussiehard

Re: ?!??????

Post by Aussiehard » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:45 pm

Neo Dutch wrote:Unless they made you feel inferior, who the hell cares? You certainly shouldn't.
Just made me feel self conscious, outta place and unwelcome…..

oldbiker

Post by oldbiker » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:09 pm

who cares bloke thats what choppers aust is about it dosnt matter what you ride , as for the old yammie hope you parked right in the middle of them

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:12 pm

The're still motorcyclists who love riding their bikes... just a different understanding... 'different strokes for different folks' as we used to say.

I actually quite enjoy the experience. My old red shovel, usually covered in road grime from the last ride in the wet or mud from playing chasey with the lads on our property... plus scratches, chips and worn out seat and octos tied around the sissy bar, not to mention worn jacket and 30 year old red helmet!

Reaffirms my style and lets them know there are different ways to look at the whole thing.

One of the young lads who comes around and just obtained his learner's licence, has been riding my CB750 around the neighbouring vineyards when ever he gets the chance. A couple of nights ago he brought up a mate, so I got him on the 750 and took the mate on the back of the shovel.

We've had stacks of rain and everything is pretty slippery butafter following him around the tracks for a while, I led them over a grassy ploughed paddock and then a muddy track and through a couple of very wet creek crossings. He stayed on, much to my surprise, but the shovel did a 180 on us at one point though we did manage to stay upright... just!

Good fun though, and I like to show the lads what you can do with road bikes... but I wish I had one the old 70's Avon 5x16's with their blocky tread... these modern road tires have no grip off the bitumen.

Nothing hallowed about a road bike or HD in my humble opinion.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:40 pm

oldbiker wrote:who cares bloke thats what choppers aust is about it dosnt matter what you ride , as for the old yammie hope you parked right in the middle of them
Actually I parked right in front of the shop. While I was getting off the bike and removing my helmet, several others rode up on their Harley's paused looked at me then rode down the street to park, When i came out all the bikes were parked in a line away from mine. Seriously you would think their bikes were going to catch Shed Built Yamaha germs or something. It was Ridiculous!

I don't care what anyone rides or how they look as long as they treat me with equal respect, and I will always treat others with respect until they show they deserve otherwise!

Tex

Post by Tex » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:51 pm

mmmmmm I wonder who's got the problem here??

DOA

Post by DOA » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:22 pm

im easy on this issue. if they dont like me i win they lose. im an individual and if they need to desperately apply branding to feel like they belong then they are the losers and deserve pity not rage.

p.s. i dont kick start either but many of my friends do.. i like em because they are likeable not because of what they ride.

cheers. DOA.
ride like you stole ya bike.
love like you will only ever do it once.
live like your a different age.

latelifecrisis

Post by latelifecrisis » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:41 pm

I went on my first toy run last year because i thought great I can finally join the two wheelers and do something that is fun. So I kissed doa good bye and off I went. got there and I was the only scooter there. I had a cheap 250cc chinese scooter at the time and I was as proud as anything. Believe me I stood out like you would not believe. I had more nasty looks then I ever had in my whole life. Didn't stop me I rode not at the end, heck no I rode smack in the middle. After the run I stayed for a bit was invited to join the Ulysses and then went home.
The following week I did another run this time a much bigger one. there were a few scooters there, but the looks were still flying. Guess a scooter is just not a proper two wheeler. Anyways at the end of that one more invites to the Ulysses and a proper bikie invited me to ride with him the following weekend in another run. this happened a few times as i went on a few runs last year. I had a blast on every one of them.
the moral of all of this is: do you ride what you ride to please others or to have fun? Do you really care so much what other people that you do not even know think about your pride and joy?
I am blond

Scouser

Post by Scouser » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:08 pm

Prof
You can still get the Avons, just got a Speedmaster 2 for the Trumpy, love the old style block pattern.

Scouser

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:25 am

Aussie, been there done that. Trust me, it's the wanna be's who have a problem.
I see some of these 50k plus showboats and shake my head but I still respect the other fellahs choice. And that is what the #ankers of this world don't get.
My "lump" aint pretty but she has a place in my soul and neither of us is fussy when a "real" rider parks beside us. 8)
"better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

dg6oo2

Post by dg6oo2 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:26 am

The main problem with the solar powered weekend warrior H.D riders is that you did,nt spend upwards of 30k to ride a bike and your sub 10k bike does excactly the same thing there brand label does , at the moment i am putting around on a 98 honda aero and i wouldnt trade for no H.D at all.
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

Scouser

Post by Scouser » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:40 am

By reading some of these posts it comes across like the green eyed monster is making an appearence?
Who cares what someone paid for THEIR ride?
They have chosen that bike and even if they only use it on sunny weekends it doesn't make them any less of a rider,
Their curcumstances might not allow them to ride every day?
Who are we to say we are better then them?
Who cares what someone rides or how often they are still riding.
Scouser

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:09 am

LOL...rode a Honda Spacey through the middle of a regional town a few years ago - the bloke who lent it to me said, i was the scariest lookin mo-fo he's ever seen in his rear view mirror....he said, you dont need no HD to look cool.

and i think he's right. was also one of the most fun rides id had for ages, laughed the whole way.
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:53 am

I've been thinking about what you are all saying and I guess its reality the world over...

the right side of the tracks, the wrong side of the tracks,
the professionals, the labourers,
at school the ingroup and the rest,
everywhere interest groups sticking together.

When dad who was a pharmacist set up shop in Willunga in 1959, he was immediately visited by the upper crust of the town coming to get in his good books so as to speak. They quickly discovered he was more at ease talking to farmers and labourers than he was the upper crust with a plum in their mouths.

One dolled up lady actually physically recoiled in horror when she walked into the shop at 9am to see dad taking off his leather jacket and rubber boots he rode in. From that day on if mum was walking on the foot path, this lady would go across the street to the other side! Mum finally fixed that by doing the same and greeting her sweetly!!

When I played tennis in my teens, half the team would barely converse with the other, One particular town's team would not talk to any on our side. When I played table tennis in the country, one town team thought they were above anyone else.

In our town in the Flinders ranges new people would be totally ignored for years unless they were a pub dweller of played football or basket ball.

I lived in the town and was in the CFS for 8 years plus painted up the town's christmas decorations one year before a local actually spoke to me first!

A few friends who have recently gone back to Blighty have come back in semi shock at the barriers different strata put up over there... so in Aus we are probably better off than some other places...

So its not just bikers. A fact of life... and I try to be myself, treat everyone with respect and be the one to break down the barriers by what ever (often humerous) means I can. I take it as a challenge and one thing I do is wave to every biker I meet on the road. If he doesn't wave back i'm not judgemental, maybe he saw me too late.

If a rider is of the ilk initially described in this thread, I go up and talk to him, ask him questions and compliment him on a nice set up... ask if he's ever ridden a chopper? what bikes he's had before etc etc...usually try to get in a few comments that might give him a view of my perspective... and it's surprising sometimes what you find out about the person and learn from them... but that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Apologies once again for saying so much.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “Chopper Chat (includes how to post photos)”