Patch Clubs

Chat about choppers here. Any posts considered by forum administrators to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising will be promptly removed...

Moderator: Prof

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:01 pm

fluffer wrote:Perhaps now would be a good time to remark that the Nazi's wore patches. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now despite not having the best PR or most PC of intentions....they did have the coolest uniforms....
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:15 pm

I think Its a bit too early to invoke Godwins Law.
I still want to talk about SOA shirt wearers.
Wearing an Alien shirt at an Alien convention is fine, You can see the link, you're all like minded and connect with the whole Alien genre. Aliens are an intangible, a true fantasy, a fantastic outlet for all forms of media, from comics to film to games to books and many other ecclectic forms of expression.

Outlaw bikies however, arent a genre.
Being an outlaw bikie is a lifestyle choice, its not a fashion statement. It's sub culture to the extreme, it's not a wardrobe choice. Outlaw clubs dont allow you to wear a copy of their patch for very good reasons. They're tribal and ferel and considered dangerous and unstable. This isnt an observation, its a fact. Generally outlaw clubs aren't a marketable comodity. You can attend their public events and buy a supporter patch or a sticker but you cant subscribe to a patch club. Its a secret and insular society. I reckon it should remain that way. Why explore or exploit such an established and mysterious organisation? Why bother? Outlaw clubs want to be left alone, so leave them alone.

And then along comes SOA. I like watching the show, its entertainment, its pure hollywood, its late night TV and its fiction. I'll wager there has been more murder during the last 3 SOA seasons than there was in all the Sopranos seasons. You could get away with wearing a Sopranos shirt though because it advertised the show. Wearing a SOA shirt isnt a shirt, its an outlaw patch. You're advertising that you're an outlaw bikie. The general public, who dont watch SOA can see the patch and think that you are a real outlaw patch wearing bikie. Its not other bikies that your trying to impress or frighten off, its Joe public that your trying to impress or frighten. Its an opportunity to pretend that you're a hard core patch wearing bad ahse.

There's a guy getting around Melbourne who rides a white BMW with a fairing that's similar to a police bike. He even has something written across the front of the fairing so from a distance you think its a real cop. He thinks its kind of cute or funny. I think he's treading on thin ice. One day either a real cop is going to remind him that only real cops can look like real cops or someone is going to do to him what some might like to do to a real cop. One day the real patch wearing club member might remind some of the pretend patch wearing wanna bees that they're also treading on thin ice.

Maybe I'm in a minority here. I dont wear shirts with Hurley or Hilfiger or any other brand name across the front either. I feel that its free advertising for the brand and you pay for it.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

chewi

Post by chewi » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:04 am

ol fart,

i agree with you 100%,
there was a bloke at my local transport office last week,wearing soa colours,mc patch and all,i was extremely dumbfounded at this guys lack of common sense.
but in this day and age common sense seems to have been forgotten

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:58 am

Once again, I agree with you Olly.

Mr. Slave sez: But you must show respect to the SOA shirt wearer too.
Ride it like you can fix it.

78gold

Sad Place

Post by 78gold » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:49 am

Its a sad place where I am told I cant wear a T shirt because it is MERCHANDISE for a TV show about bikers. Sorry but I will still wear it.

Sons of Anarchy are NOT a bikie gang, they are a group of actors who partray a fictional group of "Bikie Gang" members. Anyone who thinks that by wearing SOA gear they automatically get any street cred are dillusional. Their wardrobe is probably full of Deus, Choppa Head, Reebok, Nike etc etc.

I personally would not wear SOA back patch as I understand the implications that may have with true Bikie gangs and as I cant fight for S*** its probably not a safe thing for me to do :?

Now where did I put my sex in the city singlet, I am off to work.

P.s Lowie, I left after Dereck but went the same way in case he had an issue, he texted me while I was on my way home to say he arrived wet but safe.
Nigel
78 Gold

lowie

patch clubs

Post by lowie » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:55 am

Up this way I have seen one guy wearing a SOA patch and two wearing wild hog jackets,I suppose it takes all kinds but you would have to have a good sense of humour to wear the wild hog jacket ,I reckon by the second set of lights I would be sick of the crys of ",WILD HOGS".

XSChop

Suggestion

Post by XSChop » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:34 pm

After reading all the foregoing with great interest here's my suggestion.

Put our heads together and think up something completely different.

Not a Back Patch, Not a sew on badge or a sticker or a T Shirt or anything anyone else has thought of but some Totally Original and Unique form of identification so we can make a group statement and identity which is truly Unique.

Ideas ? Come on now get creative.

Red & Blue helmet !

????
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !

xsive

Post by xsive » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:43 pm

hey phil hows this ? lets all build choppers and ride em together
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Better still lets ride XS650 Choppers!

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:52 am

xsive wrote:hey phil hows this ? lets all build choppers and ride em together
+1
Ride it like you can fix it.

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:37 am

+1 - and i like the red n blue helmet too
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

78gold

+1

Post by 78gold » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:35 am

+1 but prefer my trumpy chop, its quiet, environmentally friendly and doesnt leak oil. :oops:

These types of posts make me glad to live in Aussie though, at least we can have an opinion, voice it then go on a ride together.
Nigel
78 Gold

XSChop

Re: +1

Post by XSChop » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:06 pm

78gold wrote:+1 but prefer my trumpy chop, its quiet, environmentally friendly and doesnt leak oil. :oops:

These types of posts make me glad to live in Aussie though, at least we can have an opinion, voice it then go on a ride together.
Yep your Triumph is all those things BUT YOU CAN'T RIDE IT !
Just a slight shortcoming which I am sure you will be able to overcome soon.
Maybe Donnie could hitch his dogs to it ??
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Aussiehard wrote:Better still lets ride XS650 Choppers!
I got a Z750 twin to be different to all the XS650's & CB750's :?

As many of you know I wear a bike ministry patch, was one rally I called into where I was feeling uneasy & left, ya take a chance wearing a backpatch & need to be prepared to accept what may happen if ya do.

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Aussiehard wrote:Better still lets ride XS650 Choppers!
I wrote this as myself and the two post above me at the time all have XS650s

I like many bikes and would not exclude any.

Return to “Chopper Chat (includes how to post photos)”