Patch Clubs

Chat about choppers here. Any posts considered by forum administrators to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising will be promptly removed...

Moderator: Prof

Brassy

Post by Brassy » Sat May 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Instead of a patch why dont you get a tattoo nobody seems to have a problem with that, I have never had a desire to identify myself with a certain peer group that desperately. I didnt see patches on the movie easyrider or in most U.S based chopper mags, a patch alienates you from club rides, some of us have friends or family in different 1% patch clubs and like to ride with them at their runs a patch would stop you from doing this and cause problems for other forum members who do not wish to wear a patch. Stop watching Sons of Anarchy or Biker Wars and ride your bike. A good friend told me if you wear a patch your welcome nowhere and with no patch your welcome everywhere that makes pretty good sense to me.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Sat May 21, 2011 7:43 pm

There was considerable debate in our first year about what to wear to identify our selves as members of Choppers Australia.

Obviously a big colourful logo with our name is the best way of letting everyone know who we are. Main problem we decided at that time was that anything too 'back patchish' would immediately attract the attention of the boys in blue who would think the wearer was an 'outlaw' and a lot of choppers would get defected particularly as we got known.

We decided on a back design that would not be mistaken for an outlaw patch. Consequently the elipse and name around it has been left off and it is in one colour only. We just have the website in a straight line below, though I am in favour of our name in place of the website.

Rockers are obviously a no-no as the 1%ers have decided that that belongs to their brand of organisation.

In the first couple of months of Choppers Australia, I visited the main SA outlaw organisation and introduced myself and what CA was going to be about. His comment re back patches was " If you want lots of grief include rockers" If you don't have rockers we don't care." I left him my contact details and told him I would appreciate a call from him if he heard anything 'untoward' about CA.

We also asked members at that time a(nd I usually still remember) to not wear their members shirts of cloth badges into bars as I don't see why an inocent member should get his head kicked in because another member forgot himself and was stupid in a bar.

We also ask members of other clubs to not wear their club logos/patches when they join in on our rides because early on we had a stranger eager to get stuck into one of our members who was also a member of Ulysses and had his vest on. I would think it appropriate to return the favour when riding withother clubs... and even more so if it is an outlaw run attended by the police... we don't need to be associated with them in the cops minds.

Members can also have the full colour cloth badge on their sleeve or breast and we also have a metal badge.

I personally have no objection to using the same logo as on our members T shirts on a cutoff as I think it is far enough away from a patch to not attract unwanted attention.

AS much as I want as many people to know about classic choppers and that there is a club for chopper enthusiasts, I prefer to keep to the lower profile of a simple design low key design on our backs. That way as Brassy says I can keep riding and not alienate others.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

jeddo13

Post by jeddo13 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:07 pm

hey guys this is my first post so here i go, i will be quite proud to wear my CA patch on my chest and agree with alot of you in saying if ya wanna wear a back patch so bad join an outlaw club or a social club,me well i just wanna ride and couldnt really give a f_ _k about a back patch if its whats doin with CA then im in but im kinda savin the space so i can write(if you can read this the !*$!! has fallen off again)on there. haha
JEDDO

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:24 am

Interesting posts. It's a free country, maybe not for much longer, So wear waht you like, when you want.

If on a CA club run, naturally you should abide by club restrictions.

Respect.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

bendnstretch

Post by bendnstretch » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:27 am

I will agree with Bobba, lets start a drinking club, with a motor bike problem.
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:02 am

bendnstretch wrote:I will agree with Bobba, lets start a drinking club, with a motor bike problem.
My old man was in such a club, "Oxford Scholars" they wore T's with a pint mug on them, i remember when my little brother was born they made one that had a baby's bottle with beer in it....very cute....

Most of these blokes had a serious motorcycle problem, as they included such well known identities as Bob Levy, Eric Davies, Paul Verco, Clivey Knight etc........

Good bunch of blokes. And more Bikie than your choclate variety.
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

bendnstretch

Post by bendnstretch » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:02 am

I have an uncle in HHH (Hash House Harriers), a drinking club with a running problem. :shock:

For some the drinking got in the way running and for others it was the running that was in the way of their drinking. :P
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:21 am

I wanna join bobba's club the no club club.
I also want express my dismay, disbelief, total lack of understanding when I see wanna be bikies or hard looking blokes with SONS OF ANARCHCY patches and tshirts.
Its a TV show that depicts a lifestyle of murder, gun running and murder. Its a TV SHOW, made in Hollywood. Ive seen poeple embrace it like its the second coming. Am I on my own in this or am I really an old fart who doesnt get it? Like long hair and rock and roll a few generations back?
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:24 am

[quote="Ol Fart"]
I also want express my dismay, disbelief, total lack of understanding when I see wanna be bikies or hard looking blokes with SONS OF ANARCHCY patches and tshirts.
Its a TV show that depicts a lifestyle of murder, gun running and murder. Its a TV SHOW, made in Hollywood. Ive seen poeple embrace it like its the second coming. Am I on my own in this or am I really an old fart who doesnt get it? quote]

You're not the only one.
Ride it like you can fix it.

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 am

Gentleman and ladies. too much time spent on this subject.

1. CA is not a patch club

2. I will always respect a patched or non patched rider and try to judge em on their actions not rockers or lack thereof.

3. I don't see a problem with anybody being a member of a patched club and CA and Ullyses or even a member of the liberal party.

4. Just remember horses for courses and mutual respect.

Perhaps now would be a good time to remark that the Nazi's wore patches. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

dg6oo2

Post by dg6oo2 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:50 am

How about a downloadable information card to hand out to poeple who are interested in the forum due to the meet and greet runs and general social runs. just a thought i might put out there .
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:39 am

I wonder if all the fans of Sons of Anarchy started wearing patches and formed a outlaw gang emulating the actions on the show :2guns: ………Would the producers try to sue for breach of copyright :lol: :lol: :lol:

78gold

Sons of Anarchy

Post by 78gold » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:35 am

Guys sorry but I love this show and do have a sons of anarchy T shirt.

Also loved Xfiles and had an Xfiles T shirt and have all the series on disc. (Bought for me by others though).

Not everyone who buys a peice Sons of Anarchy merchandise will be trying to be a hard nut, just as not everyone who bought Xfiles gear beleives in Aliens.

Its a TV show, just a TV show.

On the Patches, really who cares, I was on the NSW Mushter on weekend and we all wore what we wanted. Only got one ride in due to the rain. It rained nearly all weekend, everything was wet and grey. :cry:

But

I had a great time. :P Why

Because of the people who were there, not what they wore but who they are. A great bunch of people who I would be happy to share a drink, meal and conversation with anytime anywhere.

Thats why I am on here and why I ride with CA.
Nigel
78 Gold

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Agree wholeheartedly with whats been written, but, if on a CA run, you should abide by the forum guidelines, ie: no patches.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

lowie

patch clubs

Post by lowie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Well said Nigel couldnt agree more,did Reaper follow you home?I was thinking about his cable problem and wondering how it held up.

Return to “Chopper Chat (includes how to post photos)”