Ma's death

Chat about choppers here. Any posts considered by forum administrators to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising will be promptly removed...

Moderator: Prof

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Ma's death

Post by Prof » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:43 pm

Just letting folks who may not be on Facebook that my mother (Ma to many) died this afternoon after a gradual rundown over the last few weeks on particular. Cause of death (besides she was just off ninety) was cancer. She has been fully in charge of her faculties until the last few hours, very weak and unable to communicate verbally. Family was able to see her in the Nursing home last night for an hour. This took many calls by my older son starting at the Prime Minister's office and working down. Like many thousands of aware Australians we will not succumb to flu vacs, so appreciate the nursing home's willingness to allow us in.

Ma is missed by many of our biker family as she was always there with a listening ear and sound advice when it was requested.

Lockdown is preventing a funeral at present so body is in cold storage until something can be arranged. We will let you know what is happening when we know.

Thanks to all the Facebook condolances.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

El Skitzo

Re: Ma's death

Post by El Skitzo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:24 pm

Condolences to you and your family at this difficult time
'65 Triumph Chopper (project)
'64 Triumph Chopper (project)

Skip
Interests: My beautiful wife...our dogs..shooting..motor bikes..Aussie Rules [ Richmond Tigers ]..tattoos

Post by Skip » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:01 pm

Sad to hear but as you said now out of pain & at peace.
Met Ma' some years back, a lovely lady.
Best wishes Prof to yourself & family.
Decide..go for it..stuff 'em

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:03 pm

Thanks ES & Skip. We have arranged a private funeral (cos Big Brother won't let us have over 50 people) for this Thursday at 11am. Paul plans to live stream it on facebook I think he said. Memorial service nest year probably.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “Chopper Chat (includes how to post photos)”