Getting it back together

Introduce yourself... area where you live, your bike or bike plans, kind of riding you like to do, a bit of your biking of history, interests, family etc

Getting it back together

Postby reddman54 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:57 am

Found this site while I was laid up recovering from surgery. Am slowly getting back on the road. I started riding motorcycles in the 60's and haven;t stopped yet. Was fortunate enough to be there when Easy Rider hit the screens in Australia and along with other events at the time a major social shift occurred. I was in the right place at the right time (didn't know it at the time) and ended up working at M&F Choppers in Waverly along with Dave Hart and Country. Been one hell of an experience along the way.
i currently have a 1983 HD Shovel in mild custom mode and a W800 which is being chopped. i have also written a book about the 70's as I (can best) remember them which will hit the streets in the New Year, have interviewed various people from that era to help refresh the brain.
One of the very first bikes I worked on at M&F has appeared on eBay this week with its original paint but minus the springer front end it had (1950 Triumph Thunderbird 6T pre unit). Brought a tear to the eye to see it again. Am working on getting some pics uploaded and getting back on the road.
Looking forward to the next phase of this ridiculous world.
Take care
reddman54

Re: Getting it back together

Postby Youngblood » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:42 pm

Welcome to Choppers Australia Reddman54, sounds like you have some interesting stories to tell. Would be great for you to share some of these stories and hopefully some pictures with us on here.
I hope the surgery went well and you are on the mend so you can enjoy many more years on your bike.

:) 8)
Youngblood
Youngblood

Re: Getting it back together

Postby Bearcx » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:56 am

Welcome aboard, reddman54. Sounds like you've had some fun over the years. Hope your surgery went well, and you're on the mend.
Would like to see what you've done with the W800, when you get around to it. Always liked them.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.
Bearcx

Return to G'day folks...