Brighter head light...

'To the point' advice on what fits what, parts interchangeability and simple solutions to common problems...
This forum applies to Harleys.
Keep your post brief. You may include 2-3 clear cropped photos (max 600 pixels wide)...
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Brighter head light...

Post by Prof » Mon May 01, 2006 8:27 pm

Small headlight that is standard on lowriders etc built pre 90's give poor light. A very economical solution that gives a very bright and long distance beam is to go to your car parts place and get a semi sealed reflector and choose a bright globe to go with it. Brilliant!!
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

tigerbob

Re: Brighter head light...

Post by tigerbob » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Not sure if this applies to bikes but I used to work for a 4wd mob where we would do headlight wiring upgrades to new 4wd's. It's just a matter of using the original wiring circuit to operate a relay with new, heavier wiring from the battery to the headlight via the relay.

I have only ever used this type of upgrade on a KA Laser I had but it made a difference.
'94 Dyna Convertible
'73 TR6 Tiger - chopper under construction
'71 T140v Bonneville

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:55 pm

If anyone is not sure of whether their switch/wiring is reducing light from their headlight, just temporarily bypass everything with a wire direct from the battery to high beam. If so check wiring and connections (including earths) or put in the relay. Heat damage especially, will reduce power transmission of wires and switches.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:54 pm

Get a late model Trumpy light, they are great!
Gave a mate a hurricane kero lamp to hang on the front of his Vstar, reckon it would have doubled the light output :lol:

Return to “Fits 'n Bits; Harley...”