mini chopper trike

Discuss your bike, modifications etc
03gixxerpilot

mini chopper trike

Post by 03gixxerpilot » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:58 pm

long time lurker, so i though it was time i contrubited

My daughter (all of 3yo) wants a trike, she not to keen on a bike as such but loves trikes so i thought why not.

here is the progress of it so far
striped ready to start work on it

new steering head angle

bit of an idea of what it will look like when it is together

i will keep an up to date log as i make progress, i usually do about an hour or so every day after work.

Cheer Clive

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:31 am

Neat!
8)
Ride it like you can fix it.

DOA

Post by DOA » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:35 am

hi clive.
that already looks interesting. what is the motor and thats one mean rake angle on that headstem.
you going rigid rear or softail?

cheers ian
ride like you stole ya bike.
love like you will only ever do it once.
live like your a different age.

03gixxerpilot

Post by 03gixxerpilot » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:03 pm

the motor is a cheap chinese jinsing but it is destined for the bin, i am looking at an early honda cub c102 cub motor (pushrod version) for it, and it will be rigid tail with sprung seat.

i am looking around for a set of rims and axle for it at the moment, i need to get the rims that i want so that i can make the axle.

the plan is to have the brake caliper run on the sprocket to keep it neat and tidy. :D

Cheers Clive

DOA

Post by DOA » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:45 pm

wot type of rims you looking for. im partial to the one you have attached to the forks.
yeah cubbies are great motors. the gy6 is chinese but also an awsome put put with an extreme amount of performance support. comes in 50cc 125 cc and 150cc 4 stroke.

cheers im watching yours and getting ideas for eventually building a micro chopper once i get free space to build one.

doa

03gixxerpilot

Post by 03gixxerpilot » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:26 pm

looking at something like these with low profile tyres, these are steel, i would prefer ally ones but price of them is scary expencive

the c102 is a 50cc and should do till Chloe (daughter) gets the hang of riding, then i will put a big bore in it.

Cheers Clive

03gixxerpilot

Post by 03gixxerpilot » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:52 pm

progress report,

tonight i fitted the head stem out of the old triples into the new ones so that i can use orignal bearings without having to make/fit sleeves.

Also i have found an intrenal thorttle cable setup for the handle bars which will keep them clean and neat by hiding the throttle cable in the handle bars :-)

in keeping with the super clean look on the handle bars, i am (eventualy) going to have foot clutch, suicide shift, and only foot brake.

Cheers Clive

DOA

Post by DOA » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:06 pm

this may differ from your thoughts. but you could hunt down a gy6 powered scooter. then there would be no clutch needed as they have a cvt drive. a gy6 150 would be about the same power as the 100 cub. you would have to make a full frame though but you have the front end alrady with headstock.

cheers doa

Return to “mini chopper chat and pics”