70s style Sissy Bar - Evo Dyna

Your shed is where it all happens! Just a single photo and caption please. Use "Your chopper project" for sets of photos and explanation of your project Send photos and comments to andrew@choppersaustrali.com

70s style Sissy Bar - Evo Dyna

Postby tigerbob » Mon May 23, 2016 7:13 pm

After unexpectedly selling the sissy bar I made for my dyna (see below), I decided I needed another one.

The previous one looks the part on this flat head chopper but it didn't suit my bike and since money talks...

The above sissy bar was made from short lengths of 9mm x 16mm bar I cut from a gate a friend was throwing out. I still had some left over so decided a short 70s style bar would better suit the swing arm dyna.

The bends were made by the old 'cut & weld' method. I initially was going to have the sides parallel but it didn't look right so I tapered the sides. I'm happy with the result although I'm not sure how short I should cut down the centre spear.

Making the bends

Ready for welding

I just need to finish filing & sanding, drill and tap the mounting threads, and maybe even have it chromed...

I might just clear coat it to start with. I'll also have to make a removable cushion for it
'94 Dyna Convertible
'73 TR6 Tiger - chopper under construction
'71 T140v Bonneville
tigerbob

Re: 70s style Sissy Bar - Evo Dyna

Postby Prof » Mon May 23, 2016 8:30 pm

Looks good and good to see something that looks different.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Postby tigerbob » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:55 am

My first chance to get out for a ride with the new bar on. Had a day off work and the first thing we did was a morning ride. Lucky we didn't put it off because it poured with rain later.

'94 Dyna Convertible
'73 TR6 Tiger - chopper under construction
'71 T140v Bonneville
tigerbob

Postby Prof » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:21 am

Nice shot.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Return to In The Shed Pics