Christmas 2019 at TCS...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Christmas 2019 at TCS...

Post by Prof » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:51 pm

Christmas at The Chopper Shed was a fairly quiet affair this year, but we still had a pretty good time...

I've been working on a couple of bikes including this twin cam which is being engineered as an ICV (individually constructed vehicle required to adhere to all current regs). Took about three days to get to this stage. You can see lots of little pieces of steel clamped/welded around the set up to show extent of swing arm, belt movement guard location etc. However after working 7 days a week most weeks for the year, I figure a week off now is in order...

Crowy came up for half a day to get his panhead started with its new pipes and oil filter. All worked fairly well, just needs a some tweaking which we will do next year. He rode it home and was very happy with the ride...

Christmas eve and time to do the grocery shopping. Glad I put on the panniers as I ended up with a full load. In good company though. Ended up with three people commenting favourably on the chopper. Then home to set up for Christmas...

Christmas Day was hot and the air conditioner pump seized. This was solved hooking up Murray water direct to the pipes feeding the cooling pads and rerouting a down pipe onto the garden. Pictured here; Rilda, myself, Rob, Ken and Dav (close by neighbours) and cousin Dave Dylan adn Ma in the foreground. My first time Christmas pudding was a hit especially as I put in double the sultanas and currents oops!...

That evening turned out very pleasant and on the spur of the moment, Rob and I decided to go for a local cruise....

Petrol at Aldinga and then up to Sellicks. There is a great track behind the pub that winds up into the hills, but has been blocked off...

We couldn't find a way past the boulders that have been dumped by over-zealous officialdom so fanged it around to Myponga and then back up the Pages Flat road. Turning off on a dirt road we wound our way up to the top of the hills until it petred out into a track. Grass was a bit high and dry so we reluctantly turned around and wandered down a few other dirt roads. Great view from the top of the range...

Was getting cold and Rob did not have gloves, so we reluctantly cruised back home. Great fun barrelling through the night, V twins roaring, ribbon of road unwinding before us and the wind blasting past.

The next day, Proclamation Day in SA, I was awakened by the distinctive sound of a Harley outside my bedroom window. Surprise of surprises; our mate Tom had ridden over from Geelong on Christmas Day, swagged it overnight at Victor Harbour and was now on his way back via a favourite coffe shop in Hahndorf.

"Want some company Tom?"

"Sure thing"

Rob had also just stumbled down the stairs and agreed a ride to Hahndorf for brekky was just the ticket. I got dressed quick as a flash and with a quick goodbye to Rilda was out the door.

Tom hadn't ridden my shovel with its new springer and I was keen for his assessment, so I rode his evo and he took the shovel...

He liked it and thought it handled nicely.

Brekky was followed by checking out a leather shop with Tom and then Rob and I (Dylan on pillion) took off for home...

Rob likes interesting and different routes, so we headed out to Echunga, turned off at the golf course and then swung right towards Mylor...

I led the way with Rob close behind...

We followed out Muster route in reverse and ended up doing about four U turns as I had not done the ride from this direction. Turned off to go through Cherry Gardens, down through Clarendon and right to Blewitt Springs. This is fantastic riding country with countless roads we could have travelled on. Weather was perfect as we swept through hundreds of corners enhtralled by the ripping sound of our 1200 V Twins as we accelerated out onto the straight or into the next corner. Home by midday, we'd had a ball and after a quick lunch I took it easy for the rest of the day while Rob and Dyllan headed down to see friends at Normanville...

Rob planned to leave Friday morning, but I had organised to pick up a new aircon pump in Lonsdale. Rob didn't need asking twice to come with me. Once again the shovels got fired up and after doing a delivery at Aldinga, we cruised to Lonsdale via the esplanades. Plenty of people on the beaches and great riding once again...

Rob and Dylan took off for home soon after we got back. We agreed it had been a pretty smooth Christmas... well I suppose I have to use that horrid modern word once.. It was an awsome Christmas.

Thanks for reading folks...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”