2017 Muster Friday preparations...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

2017 Muster Friday preparations...

Post by Prof » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:49 pm

2017 CA Annual Chopper Muster was our most successful and reportedly most enjoyable in the 11 years we have been running it.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Prof

Re: 2017 Muster Friday preparations

Post by Prof » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:36 pm

Well here's a start. It'll take a few days to get the whole lot done, so please be patient.
Nothing good happens without preparation and our Musters are no exception. We normally have half a dozen blokes and women helping get everything set up for the weekend. This year helper numbers were down and the pressure was on.

The paddock had to be mowed and whipper snipped, some big holes filled in with the tractor and scoop and the whole paddock dragged with the blade and a pile of immobile vehicles moved plus a myriad of other smaller jobs. I paid a couple of lads Harley and Marshall in the week before to give me a hand. I couldn't have gotten ready in time without them. A mate, Shaun put in a couple of days whipper snipping and moving cars. In the middle of it the tractor generator packed it and a new one had to be installed.

Steve, another friend also came to our aid and helped me set up the sink etc in the Lodge and his work was also greatly appreciated. "DaProfBarra" came in handy as a workbench in addition to its transporting role...

Early afternoon, the Clissold clan rolled in with their van and trailer from Geelong... five classic choppers on board. Yippee!!. Once their beauties had been unloaded, Stewart, Tom and Bec set themselves up in the Lodge and...

...then joined the workers. Here Bec and Tom laying out the ropes for the slow race... doesn't happen by chance. Then understandably, they crashed having been up since 1am that morning...

Ken came up with his camper and set it up as a merchandise tent,

Ken also followed the group with his 4x4 and Stewart's bike trailer on Saturday, but aside from some petrol in a Jerry can his rescue services were not required.

Chis came down on Thursday with his knife throwing targets and then rode back on Friday to set it all up. Note missing right arm. All controls are on the left handlebar. If you look closely you will see some lead weights we added to the right handlebar to give better balance and they work a treat. I take my hat off to him the way he handles the bike...

Rob and his son Dylan rode in during the afternoon and joined the workers. Dylan though only a young lad worked as well as any and better than many an adult and was a great help especially to Rilda with food preparation including carting crockery, cutlery food etc etc. His most often words were, " What do you want me to do now?"

Well that was Friday. We had a combined meal in our kitchen and everyone hit the sack ready for the Big Day...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

El Skitzo

Re: 2017 Muster Pics and story cbegun

Post by El Skitzo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:50 pm

Love the Hyundai ute, that's got to be the dodgiest thing I've ever seen :lol:

That trailer load of Choppers looks bloody cool though. Imagine all the heads that would have been turning on the drive out there!
'65 Triumph Chopper (project)
'64 Triumph Chopper (project)

Prof

Re: 2017 Muster Pics and story cbegun

Post by Prof » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:35 pm

Ute is fantastic around the property. Blows a lot of smoke but cost me nothing... really saves the legs. Have to make front and middle racks so I carry move long things about.

One of the nicest things about the weekend were all the colourful choppers, only one or two black. Hurrah for the seventies!
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”