Strath Swap...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Strath Swap...

Post by Prof » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:34 am

Up at 4.30am to get to the Strathalbyn Swap Meet. Strath and Gawler would be by far the biggest in SA. Gawler generally has much more bike stuff than Strath.

Mild temperature made riding very pleasant, but fog between Meadows and Strath (through the hills) slowed me to 60k most of the way...

Always a 'Show 'n Shine' and a couple of nice rods and classics...

Not much bike gear of interest to me this year. I did pick up some 60's mufflers and rectangular spot lights a half helmet and a BIG Dawn engineers vice that I could barely lift onto the shovel. Were a couple of 70's Stadium helmets I would have like to add to my collection, but at $50 each to rich for me.

This '83 Yamaha XJ750 shaftie would make a great chopper project at $1000.00 asking price...

Call Dennis on 0401 577 818

Terry, Kevin and Pygmy dropped by the stall as did a couple of other friends. By 11.00 stall holders began packing up and I followed suit soon after. Dropped by the servo to check tyre pressure on front tyre which has a very slow leak.

Had an enjoyable ride home, quite slow as there were Sunday drivers out in force. Heavy vice on passenger seat was noticable, but weighs less than a person... just a bit of a dead weight...

Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”