KZ750

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
h

KZ750

Post by h » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:22 am

Recently done a deal and picked up a KZ750 1981, it was a bit rough looking so I painted the frame, engine, tank, fenders and side panels with my usual can of spray paint in my shed. I decided to add a small front fairing, cut down the seat and add a rear cowl, added a smaller tail light and removed 40% of the wiring. I have been taking it on a few short runs to test it out as having some issues and bad luck with it, short ride last week ended with a snapped throttle cable , these things are heavy as well especially when you have to push them 5km, so after over an hour pushing it I wasn't the happiest of chappies. Ordered and fitting a new throttle cable a week later and took it out for another short run and the clutch snapped what's the chances, managed to change a few gears and get home, so it's sitting in the shed with a clutch cable on its way. It is still running rough at low revs but idles fine and goes like a rocket at higher revs so the saga continues. ........

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Re: KZ750

Post by Prof » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:03 am

Fun and games of an older machine. A CB750 I purchased suffered a broken clutch cable a short while later. Would you believe it, but the previous owner had arc welded a nut to the bottom end of the inner cable!!!!! Did the same as you and rode home clutchless.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”