Who said choppers aren't practical...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Who said choppers aren't practical...

Post by Prof » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:32 am

Who says classic choppers aren't practical. Try doing this on a sports bike or cruiser! Sissy bars make for a versatile machine, keeps the woman from falling off, lets you pack for camping without ending up with a fat bike, nice big pack and you can get out of the house and do the wife's grocery shopping (hey, it's a ride ain't it!) and carry things like wheels from the motorcycle wheel lacing guy...

... and what's more do it all in style and super riding comfort... and be outasight at the same time...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

El Skitzo

Re: Who said choppers aren't practical...

Post by El Skitzo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:18 am

Haha who needs a car
65 Triumph Chopper (project)

Prof

Post by Prof » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:13 pm

A bike or chopper was all that most of us had in the 70's.

I got kicked out of my boarding house without warning and moved all my gear in two trips... besides clothes it included violin, clarinet, massive art folder and some sculptures... and my student study desk, which fortunately could be partially dismantled, but is was a challenge toting a 1200x600 desk top on the chopper... fortunately no cops were about. No doubt about it, amazing what you can carry if you are game enough and have enough octo straps!

Another reason for not having expensive paintwork.

But I have drawn the line at towing a trailer yet!
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Tri4

Post by Tri4 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:13 am

Many years ago a friend of mine in England got himself a girlfriend (as you do), this meant a change of address' so with no money some ingenuity was needed so, the trusty Triumph chopper (no sissy bar) was put to work, turn about at pillion who had to carry something in each hand, to the new residence, problem solved you might think,,,,,, however Debbie had only ridden a scooter and had no brief (license to you and me), with instructions/directions coming from the rear seat, a few(lots) of cuss words a lot(mega lots) of raised voices and some very scary moments, and some very astonished pedestrians the deed was done!!

Prof

Post by Prof » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:11 am

Very cool story.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”