Victor Swap 2017...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Victor Swap 2017...

Post by Prof » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:13 pm

Today's weather was promised to be 70 percent chance of 10-20mm, so I figured I'd stay home if it was raining at 6am. If it was wet,there wouldn't be many stalls. The sky looked reasonably rain free in the lightening sky, but I waterproofed myself anyway and took off to Victor 30mins south. Not a sign of rain.

Just out of Mount Compass, I couldn't resist stopping and taking a photo of the sunrise...

Got there and as usual snuck the shovel right up near the food stall in the main building where it would get seen and... in 45 mins was finished; a quick round followed by a slower one. Pickings on the few stalls for me were very slim... an xs500 manual, cibie driving light and an old stadium helmet ($5)...

Just need to find another cibie to match (anyone out there have a good one?) so someone can enjoy cool twin rectangular headlights on their chopper.
A double line of hotrods and classic was filling up as I left...

I did a round trip of the oval and chuffed off down the road to pick up some gear for Rilda at a friend's near by. I left the water proofs off to ride home, as there was just an overcast sky.

Dropped into a mate's for a brief catchup and then rolled in home by 9.30am.

Very little traffic and just a really enjoyable if short ride. Nothing like any opportunity to get out on my chopper.

In fact, hardly home and asked to go to local supermarket by you know who. Turns out they open at 11am, so what to do in the carpark for the next 45 minutes? Simple, pull out my polish (kept in my tool roll for occasions like this) and squat down by my faithful girl and give her alloy a tissy up.

Great way to spend a morning...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”