1200 Harley Flattie...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

1200 Harley Flattie...

Post by Prof » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:21 pm

1200 Harley Flattie...
Tazipom photographed this 1200 Harley sidevalve at the Longriders Anzac Day run. Owner rides this bike all over... and long distances. Note Japanese rear Hub and front end...

These flatties are not to be sneezed at... they have heaps of grunt and cruise very nicely... totally different to the 750 WLA's.

Easiest way to tell difference between these and WLA's are that their final drive is on left side as with OHV's whereas WLA'a are on the same side as the Sportster which was developed from them.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

matt black

Post by matt black » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:09 pm

i think u will fine thats a 80cube runin a magie as well but his wla is finer as he built it in the 70/80 when he lived at aldinga.the wla runs mini pistons and a triumph 4spd and wild paint. im tryin to get some shots of his wla for the site.the sad part is age and ill health is catching up with him. he is a master at building choppers and wild cars

---------------------------
BEAR

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

flattie

Post by Prof » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:02 am

Hi Bear, I'm quite happy to stand corrected. I have spoken to him at Toy Run, but not in detail. The one I chopped in the 70's I was told was an ex police 74 and that very few 80's came to Oz. I had mine bored out to fit Ford pistons. Either way, they are great bikes. WLA sounds pretty interesting too...

Here are a couple of "U"s from 70's. Mine is on left. As you can see, I like high sissy bars... Had 8" over Norton forks. Oil tank is black instead of chrome, because chrome plater got over-zealous with his polishing and it split the first time I stated it. Amal carby came off a 500 single and seemed to do the job. I converted mine to a direct hand clutch and foot change. Other bike was converted via "mouse trap". How do you like those "six bend pull backs". I didn't know the other guy. Just met him on the road and we put the two bikes together for a photo.

Chopit'nrideit... Prof

matt black

Post by matt black » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:09 am

they r wild and where r they now. tonys bikes r all wild and built the old fashion way and last and yes that ul 1200 has seen loads of miles and will see a lot more. i been tryin to fine pics of some of my old rides but think they went west with the ex #1 or ex#2 lol like lots of stuff did but. good news is will hav fotos of the my other bike in 1 wk

Stoand

Post by Stoand » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:32 am

takes me back Andrew!!!....front number plates!!!

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”