December 2020 Bike Night...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

December 2020 Bike Night...

Post by Prof » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:31 am

Another Adelaide Bike Night occurred tonight... as I understand it, simply a gathering of bikes at Mile End and mostly sports bikes and reasonably stock H"D's, with a few oddballs like us choppers and a few cafe racers. Starts at 7pm and most are heading off within an hour or so. Venue is shopping centre carpark at Mile End.

I try and get there with a few of our members as I figure it is a good opportunity to let the the 98% know about us 2%ers.

Tonight was a very warm night, short sleeves, shorts and thong weather! No. Eon't panic! I did behave myself and wear long sleeves, jeans and my riding boots! Leather jacket packed in case it got colder in the hills, but was never needed.

I arrived at 7.15 to a good contingent of bikes, at a guess 200 or so. Rode slowly through the lot to see if there were any other choppers before pulling up by Peter B and his blue new school chop. Terry was with him on his adventure bike. I saw one other new school chopper, but it was nothing innovative. ..

A Long Rider joined us on his shovel with extended forks with a bit of artwork on the tank. Shortly after Michael arrived on his iron head followed by Zac on his radical (by Australian standards) Evo Sporty chopper...

We went for a walk around the bikes and found a few that were a bit different;

Silver Evo...

This K series CB turned into an adventure bike. Older readers will remember that BSA and Triumph put out their dirt bikes; stock 650's with scrambler bars, high pipes and knobblies...

later model CB750 cafe racer...

Our little group...

Plus Peter B's...

Zac got some questions from incredulous riders about his tiller bars...

We chatted with a few riders we knew and then figured it was time to head off before the cops responded to all the crazy noise being generated by some of the riders blasting out of the carpark.

Peter was heading home up the Eastern Freeway, so I offered to accompany him to his turn off at Mt Barker...

We had a most enjoyable ride side by side with very little traffic. I thought I got a really cool clip through the Heysen Tunnel, but video did not record; what a bummer.

I was getting a bit thirsty by the time we parted, do dropped into the supermarket in Mt Barker. As I was coming back out to my chopper, a rider on a little cruiser pulled up admiring the shovel. We ended up chatting for half an hour, with him trying out the shovel for size and getting a couple of happy pics. His bike smelled of petrol which he found after some scratching around was coming from a hose...

Back on the road again and still very warm. Just idled along through the windy roads. Stopped a few times to do some fine adjustments to my headlights. Took 3 video clips riding through the tree covered roads, but although the headlights lit them up so it almost was like riding through a tunnel, the covering did not show up in the clips; bummer two!...

Finally on the home stretch (unfortunately all good things [except eternity] come to an end. It was very tempting to keep riding, weather was so perfect, but I have an full day tomorrow starting quite early to get to the MRA Toy Run by 8am then the rest of the day working on Michael's XV650.

This sight on the outskirts of Willunga greeted me. Thought it worth a pic. Two other houses adjacent to this one were almost and ornate. Everyone must have thick curtains!

Well; end of another good ride. Chopper stabled and waiting for another outing tomorrow morning...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”