Balhannah M/C only swap 2017...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Balhannah M/C only swap 2017...

Post by Prof » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:34 pm

Had a very cold ride up to Balhannah Swap a couple of Sundays ago. Rising at 4am it a bit of a chore, but once I am awake, the excitement of an early morning ride on my shovel chopper eclipses all tiredness real quick.

This is the one swap meet where I often end up with the carby icing up and the shovel running like a pig and this morning was no exception, but not as bad as usual. It started missing at Meadows and played up intermittently until just out of Balhannah.

My right hand in front of the carb makes a difference. Now how do I do that you ask?
I do a lot of 'in the wind' video and photo taking' and recently added a foot throttle, so I can use the camera in my right hand... hence the ease of keeping my carby a bit warmer!

Riding into the sunrise is one of my favourite experiences so it was light enough to see once I reached the Swap Meet. Been going there enough for the gate keepers to recognise me and exchange pleasantries while my cold hands fumble with my wallet.

Takes five minutes to get my folding table, CA flags and gear off the chopper and set it up. Then a quick walk around to see what I can find for customers, then back to the CA stall for a while as sellers are still setting up or arriving.

Wayne rolls up on his XS digger and I do another more careful round of the swap meet. He gets to talk to a number of interested folks...

Here's a few of the more interesting bikes for sale, This one a Triumph with what looks like a water cooled head...

Always loved the look of these Beezas... just a pity they used to leak like sieves...

Good old British sideacar machine... 650 single panther...

Cherry AJS 7R. Matchless G50 looked identical...

This bloke has had these for sale for a while...

Stalls overall once again were down in number and the number of buyers was very poor; the consequence of having the swap meet on a long week end. This stall was large with many modern Harley aftermarket parts...

Terry and Rob rolled up later in the morning and enjoyed shooting the breeze with numbers of buyers many of whom we know as regulars. Interesting how someone we have spoken to for years suddenly announce that they are finally building their chopper.

I always have past issues of Chops'nBobbers for sale and usually sell a few, stickers being the most popular...

A pic of my purchases. Pipes on left are Triumph, forks; lowrider. This year I didn't need to load up everything on the shovel as Phil a past member from Willunga had a stall and offered to drop things off for me...

Kevin and some of the other CA members rolled up around 11am and Wayne, Rob and Terry took off to meet them and they dropped in on the Hot Rod show up at Palmer... said they had a great time.

I packed up and had a great run straight home soon after, as I had a customer waiting for me to help finish the springer conversion on his Virago...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”